Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
Just checked on the website that Slid provided, and it states that the site with VIN's was updated today.

No recalls for my '16SP at this time.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
we have a new ram at work I had to take one day, it has the dial transmission. I was driving it and was curious what would happen if it was accidentally turned it park while driving, sooooo, well it does not do anything. Glad to see their engineers were thinking
That's so when a song you hate comes on the radio, you don't get the knobs confused in a hurry and hurt the transmission. haha

·
Registered
258 Posts
Quick question guys, everytime I put my vin # in on that site, all I get is vin not found.....and I have the right one in.....

Rich

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,717 Posts
I get that on my PC on the Uconnect update site, all my browsers. Not sure if it's my security. I have an iPad for work, and able to view it with that. So try another device maybe. A Guy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Some of this doesn't quite make sense....

If I have an electrical short, I can activate an electrical device - the shifter - to cancel torque requests, but other electrical devices will not cancel that request? I've had my shifter apart a bunch, it is only a mechanically fancy network device. Why no others - brakes, switches?

I think this is really worth practicing human and auto emergency response, maybe until a few upgrade cycles have gone by.

Early on, there was a writer who apparently had industrial PLC experience - 'why is there no E-Stop?'
That's a damn good question! I know my car has blocked me turning it off in certain conditions - if the logic can go bad, then why is the logic allowed to prevent a stop IN ALL CASES?

Maybe make it like a laptop power switch - a quick off push can be refused, but a long press overrides all and drops a real relay? Worse case would be a rolling dead car - we've done that for 100 years.

Just curious, how do the racers handle this, don't sanctioners require real stops?

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Some of this doesn't quite make sense....

If I have an electrical short, I can activate an electrical device - the shifter - to cancel torque requests, but other electrical devices will not cancel that request? I've had my shifter apart a bunch, it is only a mechanically fancy network device. Why no others - brakes, switches?

I think this is really worth practicing human and auto emergency response, maybe until a few upgrade cycles have gone by.

Early on, there was a writer who apparently had industrial PLC experience - 'why is there no E-Stop?'
That's a damn good question! I know my car has blocked me turning it off in certain conditions - if the logic can go bad, then why is the logic allowed to prevent a stop IN ALL CASES?

Maybe make it like a laptop power switch - a quick off push can be refused, but a long press overrides all and drops a real relay? Worse case would be a rolling dead car - we've done that for 100 years.

Just curious, how do the racers handle this, don't sanctioners require real stops?
I suppose you could run a switch to the dash that breaks all the grounds (Battery, Engine, Chasis) at once. That should force the car to shut off, or one that cuts the positive from the Alternator and Battery. Something like that would come in handy for resetting adaptives too.

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
If they could through a 91 or 93 octane tune on the car while they are doing the recall I would consider it or at least preserve the Scat Pack 1 PCM tuning on it. Heck they should just flash all the R/Ts with that tune now since they no longer make the PCMs. What do they do for the Stage II and III now?

·
Registered
504 Posts
.....and I as I have said before any machine that use electronic controls should have a proper E stop system in place. Its really criminally negligence not too.

few mins,1:19, into the video that yellow box with the BIG red button on it haphazard hanging off the dash.......is an industrial E stop button. So not all engineers are stupid.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts