Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all!! challenger noob here so go easy one me. Been browsing the forums grabbing ideas on mods to my rt and made a rough list. Hoping to reach 400hp ish, attain that muscle exhaust sound and better mpg.

1. zoomers catback exhaust (love the sound of these the most so far) or flowmasters
2. [email protected] CAI seems to be the popular one of these wondering how good the mopars are? seems mopar is more expensive all around
3. Looking for a tuner for the hemi and have not researched as of yet hoping for a little advice in the right direction.

thx for any advice i think the most fun is just learning about all the mods!

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
My preference on exhaust is flowmaster. I just like it's sound better. I've been contemplating Solo also.

Between your two CAI's, I think KN would be your better option. I have the Mopar but don't have any solid reason to not like it, but I've not been satisfied with it. Maybe it's just me. ;)

Tuners, I have the Diablo Trinity and am fairly happy with it. The Predator gives you a bit more flexability in changing little internal switches and is less expensive, but either one works. I have no experience with the other brands.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I have a MOPAR CAI and even though it's more expensive I think it looks alot better. I'm not sure what problems the other guy has had but mine works good. If you do get the K&N one don't over oil it. I have a predator tunner and it works for me but there are people that have AD cadids that say they have to down grade to AC to use the tunner. I still have stock exhaust so I can't tell you storries about that.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
tuner and exhaust ... night and day diff

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the Mopar cat back exhaust system and the biggest reason was that it was free with the Bonus Bucks program that was going on when I bought my car but I do like the sound much better than stock. I also bought the Mopar CAI with the Bonus Bucks and have no complaints. You may want to check but I was told by the dealer that was the only CAI you could run that would not void warranty. The Predator works great and it seems to make the car definitely perform better.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm fairly new to the forum myself. I also have an R/T Classic and made some of the mods you are interested in. I have Zoomers exhaust and love the sound; very aggressive and no drone. I recently got a good price from Maryland Speed on an Afe CAI and a Predator tuner ($494). I'm very happy with everything. The car performs noticeably better and I guess I'm close to the 400 hp mark. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The big question is whether you have a 2010 or a 2011. 2010 has tuning available, the 2011 does not, and it may be a long time before tuning is available.

With no tuning and no way to turn off MDS, be very careful choosing a cat back exhaust for a 2011, as most have significant drone cruising with MDS activated.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Based on his picture, he's got a pre '11 model (door handles).

If those are the only options you are considering, then I'd suggest

K&N, Zoomers, Predator tuner.

There are lots of other nice CAI options for R/Ts if you are going the performance route. I'd say stick with the K&N because it would match up nicely with the engine cover.

·
Registered
179 Posts
hey all!! challenger noob here so go easy one me. Been browsing the forums grabbing ideas on mods to my rt and made a rough list. Hoping to reach 400hp ish, attain that muscle exhaust sound and better mpg.

1. zoomers catback exhaust (love the sound of these the most so far) or flowmasters
2. [email protected] CAI seems to be the popular one of these wondering how good the mopars are? seems mopar is more expensive all around
3. Looking for a tuner for the hemi and have not researched as of yet hoping for a little advice in the right direction.

thx for any advice i think the most fun is just learning about all the mods!

Hey ThunderSteel21,
Welcome to ChallengerTalk.com!

If you haven’t checked out our video of kit 817461 installed on a Hemi RT. There’s some great examples of exhaust sounds before and after the install along with interior and exterior sounds.

It’s really easy to install, as shown on the video.

If you have questions, call our tech line for more details 1-877-EXHAUST or 1-877-394-2878.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
I have the solo Mach x 3 exhaust and love. There's no better for this car. Ram air and i like the look. No tune yet but am testing solo's hf cats. Huge performance gain. So stay tuned for the testing to be completed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool thx!

Cool thx everyone for the input! Good to see the friendly vibe here on the forums as I've been a witness on trolls on others. Yeah it's a 2010 rt. Also I went to the dealership yesterday and parts dewd said exhaust, cai won't void warranty that true? Still love the zoomers man. Deep tone!! Leaning towered the [email protected] cai. Looking for performance shops here in los wages. Slim Pickens. Seems like eBay best place for prices:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts