Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions. I have super 40s that i want to put on my R/T classic, but how is the cabin drone? I had those 40s on my SXT and the drone was unbearable, granted it also had reso deleted... I heard super 40s are a loud muffler to begin with so drone is gonna happen.

Next question. My diablo DCX intune. Is that married to my SXT or can i use it on my RT? If so how does it work?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a few questions. I have super 40s that i want to put on my R/T classic, but how is the cabin drone? I had those 40s on my SXT and the drone was unbearable, granted it also had reso deleted... I heard super 40s are a loud muffler to begin with so drone is gonna happen.

Next question. My diablo DCX intune. Is that married to my SXT or can i use it on my RT? If so how does it work?
Not sure what drone is but I have Supper 44's on my R/T Plus and removed the resonators and I love the way my ride sounds. Classic muscle car sound.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't think it will be too bad. I listened to Tyler's Flowmaster AT over the weekend and it sounded pretty good so I ordered it today. Its basically just 40 series mufflers and the res delete. The exhaust note on the RT is wayyyy different then the SXT. I put the rez delete on when I had an SXT and took it off 5 minutes later because it was annoying. I listened to Julies car this weekend as well which just had the rez delete and it wasn't even half as bad as the pitch of the sxt. Once I get the exhaust on if you want to hear it let me know and I will gladly meetup with you.

·
Supporting Vendors
1,246 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I can't say from personal experience if you'll have drone with that setup, but your tuner will have to be unlocked before you can switch it to a different vehicle

Nick C.

·
Registered
610 Posts
you need to contact diablosport and ask them usually when you buy a used one is like 149 to unmarried it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
As for the tune, to un-marry it, you'll need to return the SXT back to stock. Once you remove the tune, it will un-marry it and you can use it on the R/T.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts