Dodge Challenger Forum banner
41 - 60 of 114 Posts
Stock as they come from the factory (6.1) vs. how they should come from the factory (Scat Pack). Easy Scat Pack. Why? Look at someone like Chris1992 mods when he ran his best times on street tires. And he didn't have ported heads or a bigger cam.

The 6.1 gets no respect LOL

My 300C SRT8 went 12.9@109 stock everything except an AFE intake, 12.5@112 with a tune. Those were all street tire runs with 1.9 - 2.0 60 foots so it's not like they were magic-launches pulling the e.t. down.
It's the same on any car forum, everyone has a bigger di<k than the next guy. LS1 guys suck, C5 Corvette guys are scum, C4 guys are even worse, 3rd gen Supra guys are chumps.......... Yeah you've seen it. :IThankYou:

Reason: SCAT 3 has headers, exhaust, Cam, and tune, but 5.7 liters. 6.1 has headers, exhaust, Cam, tune AND 0.4 LITERS MORE. With a tune...6.1 wins all day long. No replacement for displacement.
Im not going to say your wrong but keep in mind that the 5.7 has VVT and the 6.1 does not. I have a feeling that it might give the upper hand to a stage 3.

Dead stock , no mods, my 09 6.1 ran 12.8@109 no correction factor. I know it'll take a stock 5.7 oand even modded should be a slight edge. The cai/tune rt`s seem to run 13.2-4 at around 104-106 with sticky tires

I'm up for that challenge.......bring it.......
If your 6.1 is stock you will lose. It's been done many times. The stock 5.7 will beat a stock 6.1. I have done it and so have several others. In stock form the 6.1 has no advantage in the 1/4 mile over the 5.7.

What is phony about it? Watch the video again. Is it an illusion that the 6.1 pulls away from the R/T at the top end? That is what you would expect. The 6.1 makes its peak power at a higher rpm.
How do you know Dodge didn't have the RT slow down for the film? After going to a couple of tracks im convinced the RT is quicker or the exact same as a 6.1.

If your 6.1 is stock you will lose. It's been done many times. The stock 5.7 will beat a stock 6.1. I have done it and so have several others. In stock form the 6.1 has no advantage in the 1/4 mile over the 5.7.
Those are fighting words! lmao

Every article and magazine I read says the stock 6.1 is more powerful and quicker than a stock 5.7 the cars are driven by professionals on a closed course. All things being equal the 6.1 is quicker. Every test I have read or seen the 6.1 is faster, 0-60, 1/4 mile, higher top speed, better braking more hp and more tq. Im not saying you have never seen or beaten a 6.1 with an RT but the numbers dont lie. I believe the numbers from, motortrend, allpar, edmunds and numerous other sources.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I miss the old 5.7 vs 6.1 debate haha

I bet my R/T can stop just as well as your SRT :)

Every article and magazine I read says the stock 6.1 is more powerful and quicker than a stock 5.7 the cars are driven by professionals on a closed course. All things being equal the 6.1 is quicker. Every test I have read or seen the 6.1 is faster, 0-60, 1/4 mile, higher top speed, better braking more hp and more tq. Im not saying you have never seen or beaten a 6.1 with an RT but the numbers dont lie. I believe the numbers from, motortrend, allpar, edmunds and numerous other sources.

Who cares what corporate sponsored magazines say. Go to the track and watch. 9 out of 10 times the stock 5.7 wins the 1/4 over a 6.1. I convinced German Sheppard to go with the 5.7, his first time out in the car with a stock 5.7 he was faster than several 6.1s with mods. One guy was even pissed and refused to believe his car was stock. Same day, same track.....that's what counts.

Who cares what corporate sponsored magazines say. Go to the track and watch. 9 out of 10 times the stock 5.7 wins the 1/4 over a 6.1. I convinced German Sheppard to go with the 5.7, his first time out in the car with a stock 5.7 he was faster than several 6.1s with mods. One guy was even pissed and refused to believe his car was stock. Same day, same track.....that's what counts.
A weak driver with a bad launch will get beat every time. I really dont doubt what you have done or seen. Same driver same course 6.1 should win. I will never convince you and you wont convince me. for every story you have of beating a 6.1 there is a story of 6.1beating an Rt. as long as we are all beating rustangs. I dont care.

A weak driver with a bad launch will get beat every time. I really dont doubt what you have done or seen. Same driver same course 6.1 should win. I will never convince you and you wont convince me. for every story you have of beating a 6.1 there is a story of 6.1beating an Rt. as long as we are all beating rustangs. I dont care.

Ironically I drive a Rustang now but really like the 5.7. For Dodge that motor is a great over achiever.

I was going to pull the trigger on 2 different 6.1s, one with 2k and one with 4k. Before the announcement of the Stage 1,2,3 I had no plans on modifying a Challenger (and I still probably wont) and over a long period of time DodgeTony said don't buy the 6.1, after going to the track on 2 different occasions he was right there was NEVER a 6.1 close to me. Ive actually ran right with 392s-same days/same track. Between the 5.7 and 6.1 there is NO difference in 1/4 time between two and if there is an advantage it goes to the 5.7

I was going to pull the trigger on 2 different 6.1s, one with 2k and one with 4k. Before the announcement of the Stage 1,2,3 I had no plans on modifying a Challenger (and I still probably wont) and over a long period of time DodgeTony said don't buy the 6.1, after going to the track on 2 different occasions he was right there was NEVER a 6.1 close to me. Ive actually ran right with 392s-same days/same track. Between the 5.7 and 6.1 there is NO difference in 1/4 time between two and if there is an advantage it goes to the 5.7
Your stock RT kept up with a 392? Really??

Reason: SRT 6.1's come stock with headers, big cam and big exhaust (Which is the definition of SCAt3).
Not quite, don't forget the CNC heads and the tune. Either way, the 6.1 is a different engine than the 5.7 or the 5.7 based 392. It doesn't have VVT or even the same power band. The 6.1 may have a larger displacement but its not as good a platform as the 5.7. If that weren't the case the engine would still be in use. Not trying to pis$ off the 6.1 owners either. Look at the Coyote 5.0 engine for example, that engine is a work of art for the money and it's only 5 liters. There will always be a new and improved engine out there.

You better worry about what it can do against a Mustang or Camaro, not what it can do against another Challenger.. LoL :wink2:

Reactions: c26bt34c
41 - 60 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.