Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I’m new to the forum as of tonight. Hope everyone’s staying inside and being happy.
My name is Carson and I just bought a challenger today, as I’m selling my Crossfire. I bought a 2018 plum crazy Scat Pack 392 Shaker, and it’s slated for delivery next week/ish.

I’m wondering about forced induction, and the shaker hood. I’ve heard turbos are extremely hard to put in, but the easier option mounts on the top of the engine. I’m wondering how this will work with the SHAKER hood and what the necessary modifications might be to go for a supercharger. Has anyone done this before? Am I screwed?

Please let me know if anybody has any tips, and I’ll keep everyone updated on delivery and the build in the future. I launched an Instagram page for the build so if anyone’s interested in following the progress let me know. Thanks for the help, can’t wait to get started!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,759 Posts
One our vendors stevewhite makes a bracket to install a Magnuson SC on a Shaker, retaining the Shaker

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
Hello everyone, I’m new to the forum as of tonight. Hope everyone’s staying inside and being happy.
My name is Carson and I just bought a challenger today, as I’m selling my Crossfire. I bought a 2018 plum crazy Scat Pack 392 Shaker, and it’s slated for delivery next week/ish.

I’m wondering about forced induction, and the shaker hood. I’ve heard turbos are extremely hard to put in, but the easier option mounts on the top of the engine. I’m wondering how this will work with the SHAKER hood and what the necessary modifications might be to go for a supercharger. Has anyone done this before? Am I screwed?

Please let me know if anybody has any tips, and I’ll keep everyone updated on delivery and the build in the future. I launched an Instagram page for the build so if anyone’s interested in following the progress let me know. Thanks for the help, can’t wait to get started!
FYI the advance search is your friend. Lots of folks have supercharged their motors. Most go the route of a PD supercharger but not all systems are equal. As A Guy pointed out SW makes a bracket setup that retains the shaker but it only works for the Magnuson 2300 (not sure about the 2650) and not whipple or K&B. A centi type SC like the procharger is a great setup as well as the boost comes on more linearly (i.e. less prone to light switch effect) and boost is better controlled, not to mention air to air intercooler is more efficient at removing heat from the air charge. Good luck!

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,345 Posts
Here is my Magnuson...

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I eventually plan to add a SC to my Shaker but going to forge internals first. That procharger setup looks sweet, but I'll prolly go the Maggy route to keep the stock airbox (I added the headlight tube) and shaker functionality. Good luck w/ your build and keep us updated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FYI the advance search is your friend. Lots of folks have supercharged their motors. Most go the route of a PD supercharger but not all systems are equal. As A Guy pointed out SW makes a bracket setup that retains the shaker but it only works for the Magnuson 2300 (not sure about the 2650) and not whipple or K&B. A centi type SC like the procharger is a great setup as well as the boost comes on more linearly (i.e. less prone to light switch effect) and boost is better controlled, not to mention air to air intercooler is more efficient at removing heat from the air charge. Good luck!
Thank you so much for the detailed info!

·
Vendor
12,219 Posts
the only system that retains functionality of the shaker is the kit we put together with the Magnuson 2300

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,345 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts