Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Vendor
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I will post more in the next day or two I just wanted to get this thread going.

I know it has taken along time to release this shifter...but now I can proudly say
Our shifter will be as or more quiet than the factory shifter. You will still have the audible "click" into gears but there is NO noise while cruising.

Our shifter features firm centering spings that help mask the slop that is in the gear selector rod. This gives you a perfect 2-3 shift EVERY time. The transmission has internal springs but the problem is that when you change gears from the left gate of gears 1 and 2, and the right gate of gears 5 and 6, back to the center gates of 3 and 4, the shift rod moves back to where it needs to be, but because of the slop in the yoke, the linkage does not center back to where it needs to be. The centering springs in our shifter will help aid the yoke and linkage back in alignment with the selector rod.

Handles- The stock OEM handle can be used with our shifter as well as our BARTON flat stick and shift ball. If you have a different handle/knob that you want to use... I would say if it fits the factory shifter, it SHOULD fit ours, but I can't guarantee it.

We will use dealers after the 1st run is sold out. If you want a shifter from the first batch it must be pre-ordered directly through us. We do this so if we need to make a change to the shifter we will have everyone's contact info. Our shifters are put through the ringer before ever being released and we have never had to make a change but I always like to be safe.

We will have a limited number of shifters available for the first run. Pre-order now to guarantee you will receive one. Pricing will be comparable to that of our GT500 shifters. Please state if you want just the shifter and to re-use your factory knob or if you will be wanting our Barton flat stick and ball (see GT500 shifter). Choice of ball will be black or white. Pre-ordering simply means you will be guaranteed a shifter from the first run, It does NOT mean you have to buy it when its available. You will be contacted when its available, if you do not want the shifter at this time it will simply go to the next person, if we do not hear back from you within 72 hours, it will go to the next person. ETA is 2-6 weeks.

Fire away with your questions..

Thanks,
Dave
Barton Industries - Home - Cincinnatus, NY

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
dave

how much is this this going to be and does this utilize the stock rubber dust boots?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dave,

I noticed from the video that this shortens the throw from factory but I'm curious if you have a "guestimate" as to approximately how much...

I have already signed up for Pre-Order and can't wait to hear from you guys. The Pre-Order didn't ask what ball I wanted so I assume you will ask when you contact for payment.

Thank you for offering what looks to be a superior product for our cars; can't wait for it to arrive.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Per the original post GT500 shifter prices (from their website) range from $350-$429 depending on options.

I'm looking forward to these coming out!

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Dave if I order one with your flat stick would I still be able to use my original stick if i wanted to change

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Will the stock boot have to be modified at all? How long have you been testing this design and if there are any revision to it will the first run buyers have to pay for new parts?
Oh hell, who am I kidding. Just take my money already! :-D

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Disregard the question on revisions. That got answered in another thread.

·
Vendor
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Lets see if I miss one.

The throw reduction trigs out to be about a 44% throw reduction.

Price still hasn't been finalized, im waiting on anodize costs and final production times off the machines. They will be in the same ball park as our GT500 shifters.

If you order the shifter with the flat stick, you still will be able to use the OEM handle if you want to.

The stock rubber dust boot is not reused. We are currently working on a mold for our own dust boot. The leather boot that attaches to the OEM grip is reused and it is also reused for our Flat stick, but it does NOT have to be modified.

We have been working on and testing the shifter since early 2012. I only make shifters for cars I own, so trust me when I say this shifter has been abused. The main design of the shifter, such as the pivot mechanism and center shaft, is the same as we use in the GT500 and the 5-10 GT's. Our center shaft WILL NOT break. I'd post the video on here but its a GT500 that belongs to a non supporting vendor and I don't wanna get in trouble. Check out Evo's 2013 GT500 on youtube. They are running 8 seconds with our shifter.

When the shifters are ready to ship we will contact everyone for payment, at that time you will be able to choose what color ball you would like.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Wow, got 'me all I think! Thanks again for being diligent in offering a superior product; quite refreshing indeed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
78 Posts
any chance we could use our Mopar Hurst Pistol Grip shifter handles with your new shifter, for the retro old school look and also for some of us that purchased this in the past and would like to transfer to your shifter??

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I have a black car, black interior, black 8 ball with the flat stick it will be!!! :hitit:

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Spiro1962-It won't mount to it, sorry.
The pistol grip handle from Mopar fits the factory shifter. It doesn't have the double bolt side mount typical of Hurst shifters. Is there any possibility that it will fit?

·
Super Moderator
15,797 Posts
The pistol grip handle from Mopar fits the factory shifter. It doesn't have the double bolt side mount typical of Hurst shifters. Is there any possibility that it will fit?
It likely would fit - the OEM shifter lever uses holes that bolt through the rear of the adapter block, where the Hurst levers bolt in from the side of the adapter.

·
Premium Member
1,859 Posts
Steeler- Hal H is correct, but I can't guarantee it with out trying it.
I appreciate Hal's reply, but I know the differences between the shifters. I was basically letting you know that the Mopar handle was made to fit the factory shifter and was wondering if the design of your shifter wouldnt allow the use of that handle for some other reason?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ours was made to accept the factory knob, so It should fit. The only thing that would not allow it, is if it has a curve in it that would hit our mounting plate or something like that.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts