Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,705 Posts
Here's what I'll say, switching to 255 just for more width or height won't be worth it, the difference is too small. IF you need new tires, then 255 is a good option, a little more bulge could only add rim protection. There are a fair number of good choices that come in 255, and sometimes they are even cheaper than 245.

4 tires plus mounting and disposal fees for under $500? You'd be looking at some cheap off brands I'm afraid. I think you start getting into decent name brand tires about $160 each

These would be a quality tire, they came out in 2011-2012 so they are being discontinued, hence the price

They don't come in 255, but do in 245

A Guy

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Is there a good reason why they use this "ratio" setup with tire sizes? Wouldn't it be more straight forward if they just listed the actual sizes for all three numbers? That way you could very easily and directly compare the sidewall height of a tire regardless of the tire width - instead of needing a "calculator" to figure it out.

Or - maybe there is a perfectly valid reason why they use the "ratio" setup?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,705 Posts
Milestar is made by Nankang Rubber Tire, a Taiwanese company. They do have an iSO-9001 certification. Made in China also by another manufacturer apparemtly. Reviews are...mixed

Almost all comment on how noisy they are. They likely won't kill you :)

A Guy

41 - 46 of 46 Posts