Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There aren't really too many things I want to do to my car, but the one thing I wanted to do from the day I drove it home, was to do away with those red and amber side marker lights. Nothing against red and amber, but apart from some silver, the license plate and the brake lights, I wanted to keep the car black and white on the outside. I didn't think the "smoked" lights would be dark enough, but they actually look better than expected, and I love the sharp "Lazer" look that these light give off.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,798 Posts
Looks good, the black and white look is great, and those should be legal. A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Very nice look! I have black tinted headlights, tailights, markers, and turn signals on my 87 grand national and love em and am looking for something similar for my 14 Challenger!

Where did ya get these from?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, they are Oracle:

2015-2017 Dodge Challenger ORACLE Concept LED Tinted Smoked Sidemarkers 9860-020

I bought them off of EBAY (so copy and paste the above in EBAY's search bar and they'll pop up) for $189. I finally used a $50 gift card that my son gave me last year for my birthday, so it didn't seem too expensive. Besides I really don't have a lot of things I need to do, when it comes to mods, so this was one that seemed like a lot of money, but the end result was really worth it. Besides, I noticed that the Mustang ones are over $200, so not bad...and Oracle supposedly has a good rep with their products.

The best part about these is that they can be painted to your car color so all that is exposed is that thin strip of lighting. Also, you can have them ghosted. I have no idea what that is, but it sounds cool.

All in all, this was something that's holding me over till Wednesday when my Barton Shifter arrives. Bought the flat stick and picked up the red knob with "392" which is pictured on their site. Can't wait to get going with that project.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sharp. How do they look in the dark? Where did you get them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don't know. I can't see them because it's dark. >:)

Actually, they are brighter than I thought they'd be at night, after seeing then in daylight. Like most LEDs, they really are much brighter when it's darker.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Those things are so nice ! I want a pair of the body colored painted ones ,but , last time I checked they were close to 500.00. ?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Really like that! So cool, I bet more at night.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those things are so nice ! I want a pair of the body colored painted ones ,but , last time I checked they were close to 500.00. ?
Ouch! And I thought $189 was high. I've noticed that parts for the '15-'18 are higher, plus there aren't as many items or item choices available. I almost bought some LED tail lights from my black Camaro that were totally black, until you step on the brakes and the red would light up. Wish someone would make them for the 15's on up. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Those are really nice! I want them.

Until the price comes down though, I'll just stick with the luxe auto concepts overlays.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,679 Posts
Those do look good! However, now you don't have the honeycomb pattern that the stock ones reflect onto the ground.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I know, that's crazy expensive, but I ordered a set in body color. I'll post a picture when I get them. I better not have buyer's remorse. :surprise:

·
Registered
453 Posts
They do look sharp. Thought about them too. Is it one led strip or individual leds? Basically if one goes out does it stay lit and can u buy replacements in case that happens? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
I know, that's crazy expensive, but I ordered a set in body color. I'll post a picture when I get them. I better not have buyer's remorse. :surprise:
I have been thinking / looking at those also in body color .. Who did you order from ?
Will be looking forward to seeing photos ,and how well they match the color , thanks

1 - 20 of 101 Posts