Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a set of sill plates (brushed aluminum with polished Challenger) from a Mopar site for a KILLER price. This mopar site even edjusted my shipping to $1.99 from the defacto $8.99 on their site.

The sill plates are nice and will wrap over the edge of the sill. They have 3 strips of tape on the with one strip being in the curve that goes over the edge of the sill. Surely not to move and surely to look good and protect the sill from gouges and scratches.!

Sad thing is, my Chall is in the shop due to the door handle issues and off center wheel. grrrrrrrrrrrr

Attachments

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
ok don't get stressed, put them on your icebox until the car comes back. every time you go for a cold one y'll apreciate your purchase.

Jeeeez sometimes this is like dear abby.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
damn i'm grampa greg and i remember my gramma getting blocks of ice from the horse drawn cart in bridgeport CT. OK frig if you need that.
PS mine still has ice in it. LOL.

Joe only some months older and yes always icebox in my house, even today.

By the way y'all are going off topic, just sayin!

pps. grandpa will be getting a sc when the harley is sold, only 13.48 now on the RT.

·
Registered
28 Posts
sickness. Just ordered mine. They are a really nice accent in a good visible spot.

Just a quick warning to anyone out there looking for sill plates.....there was another set out there with a carbon fiber background to match the 08-10 SRT8 hoods. I warn you against purchasing those as they are cheap and thin material without any sort of lip for the edge. I had ordered them for my 09 and sent them back immediately as they were bent inside the packaging. The ones shown here are much better quality.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Yes please post a link to where you got those. Very clean looking.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just be sure when you're putting them down that's exactly where you want them. They are pretty sticky and you really only get one shot putting them on. Oh and don't expect them to be bullet proof. I dropped a screwdriver on my driver side when I was removing the panel under the steering wheel and it put a pen sized dent in it. Just FYI... I love mine, but just saying...

·
Banned
368 Posts
Look pretty sweet! I rented a Mustang recently, and I have to say, the lighted sill plates are pretty cool.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just installed them. I will tell you they are not for the faint at heart. Once they touch the door sill, they freaking stick and there is no adjusting them or moving them. In any case they went on straight, would have likes the edge a little more flush but it was pretty much impossible because with 3 tape strips and the door sill itself not being a perfect edge (there is some curve to it ever so slightly) I think they turned out just dandy.. They look GOOD when you open the door. It is like, BLAM LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Looks good!

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I had a set of those on my SE. got them from ebay for less than $80. but I have since traded the SE and bought an RT and save some dough installing this.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
45+???? I'm 62 and never called it icebox....
Could you share site yo ugot them from...they are clean and that's what I'm interested in.
Thanks
LOL yeah I was gonna say maybe 85 seemed right

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mopar sills look nice. I bought my sills for my Challenger through Billet Tech. I love the look of the Billect Tech Sills. If interested in sills check out the billet tech site you can order different type scripts on the sill and colors. I bought the black sills which look great with my torred rt red/black color theme. Didn't mean to sound like a sales pitch but if your interested in sills check out the billet sills too.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I read somewhere a guy got these and tryed his on before removing the tape from adhesive to make sure he had them in the correct spot sort of a dry run then he know where to go because he also said once down there is no moving them.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I read somewhere a guy got these and tryed his on before removing the tape from adhesive to make sure he had them in the correct spot sort of a dry run then he know where to go because he also said once down there is no moving them.

I did the same thing but it is very very very hard to get the curved lip flush with the actual body. In fact the center of the sill touches the body for about 4 inches left to right then it comes off the body for about1/8inch in the ends.

Seems to me the body sill is not a perfect straight edge (some curve to it) and that is why there is a slight gap on the ends of the sill plate to body sill.

They do look good however and I am glad they are on there. Forever, that is cause this tapes in 100000 percent unforgiving.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts