Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ALL!
My name is Alexis,
I have had my boy for about 4 weeks. Still just as much in love as the day i bought him.
First thing will be to change that exhaust (cannot believe how terrible it sounds). I've serviced two vehicles through the local dealer and that is where i purchased this Chally (last one was in Downey, CA). They use corsa (i think they have a direct contract with MOPAR) and also have a Rep from borla that comes 'round every so often, so they will do special orders with them.

I have a friend that used to work with Chrysler and hes saying to go Magnaflow? I've been Youtube-ing this for the last 2 years (changed my 2011 SE to flowmasters), and still cant decide. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome from Huntington Beach. Nice car!

Exhaust is a personal thing. You will find plenty of support for almost any brand you can think of. Just keep researching and maybe listen to a few in person.

Reactions: Rhea Rhea's Dragon

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,264 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Welcome to CT! Nice ride!

·
Registered
297 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Very nice. My local dealer has a red one on the lot. I was only considering black until I saw it in person. If they would just come down from their excessively marked up price of $70,000 I would probably own it. I dont pay markups. Maybe like $1000 over, but that's the limit and I feel I need a perk in return.

Plus they made sarcastic jokes about me driving my challenger into a ford dealership. So screw them.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Welcome from Simi Valley. I'd say for exhaust, try to meet up with some other Challenger owners and hear them in person. Check out West Coast Challengers car club. They have events planned every month so a good time to check out exhaust and other mods plus a lot of good people.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Very nice. My local dealer has a red one on the lot. I was only considering black until I saw it in person. If they would just come down from their excessively marked up price of $70,000 I would probably own it. I dont pay markups. Maybe like $1000 over, but that's the limit and I feel I need a perk in return.

Plus they made sarcastic jokes about me driving my challenger into a ford dealership. So screw them.
Noticed that. HB ford tends to mark up anyway, but they do a lot of mods, right? We paid sticker and nothing below. The manager at Sunrise is a really great family friend, but he said they run about 5-10k above sticker and they sell just fine that way, so no sense in trying to talk em down. Love that raptor, but be sure you're ready for that beast. The old truck was the Allison transmission 2004 silverado diesel. Big difference in gas mileage. But hey, you don't buy a Maserati and then complain about how not fuel efficient it is, right?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
297 Posts
As far as I know it's just straight mark up, no mods or anything. I know there are dealerships around the OC that will sell at or around sticker - or at least let you order for that, which would be fine.

As far as gas mileage, I'm fine with that too. My current truck is a cammed and otherwise modified 4.7 dakota that gets around 12 MPG. It's an 02 and has 25,000 miles on it. My Challenger is an 11 and has 6500 on it. I only drive my vehicles for fun :) I want to replace the dakota because it's only 2wd and more set up for the track than off roading. I want something i can play around in the desert with. And/or count on to get me up to bear when they've just had a bunch of fresh powder dumped on them.

Anyway, enough hijacking your thread with Raptor and Ford talk. Welcome (again) to CT. For what it's worth, if I had to rate the exhausts I've heard in order of what I would be likely to put on my car it would be:

1. Zoomers
2. Borla ATAK
3. Corsa Extreme

Noticed that. HB ford tends to mark up anyway, but they do a lot of mods, right? We paid sticker and nothing below. The manager at Sunrise is a really great family friend, but he said they run about 5-10k above sticker and they sell just fine that way, so no sense in trying to talk em down. Love that raptor, but be sure you're ready for that beast. The old truck was the Allison transmission 2004 silverado diesel. Big difference in gas mileage. But hey, you don't buy a Maserati and then complain about how not fuel efficient it is, right?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Welcome to CT from Abu Dhabi :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts