Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
Many of you have been following our SX Ram Air Hood thread (here) but since it's many pages long now, I wanted to make a new thread with all the ordering details.

Our hood has a functional scoop with a ram air kit that you can bolt to the hood, or you can omit the ram air kit (if you need additional clearance for a positive displacement supercharger). Hardware is included and the holes are all pre-drilled so it's easy to install the ram air system.

To Order: Speedlogix Ram Air Hood 08-11 Challenger or call us toll free 888-SPD-LOGX

Here are all the pics of the hood: SX Ram Air Hood

Thanks for all your questions, comments and enthusiasm along the way with this new hood!!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Already have several hood sold...if you want this hood, get in on this initial offer to save some serious $$$

·
Registered
504 Posts
Still a chance to get in at this deal!!! Get in while you can!

looks like a pig snout on the car..............should have followed in the footsteps to deliver on a g5 style hood since they have totally choked on theirs...that one is nice....

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I posted this in the other thread, but I'll add it here too ...

We don't have the hood painted and on a car yet, but when I get the first one, that will be done. I am trying to get a pic of the unpainted hood on a Challenger from our manufacturer.

The hood scoop stalks are made from fiberglass, but we are trying to change it to aluminum and should be able to get at least some of the first batch done in aluminum. If you have a preference when you order, let me know.

The hood scoop opening is 2.5" tall by 21" wide. The clearance under the hood is similar to stock but our hood has more room in the center. If you use the ram air system, you will lose some of that clearance, but I don't foresee KB and Magnacharger people using that anyway.

Hope this helps!! :)

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Question. Will it have it's own air box and tube? Or will we reuse the stock tube like the cervini's? And by looking at the pics it looks like there really isn't any ducting. But wide open to suck as much air as it can or need. I like it. is it fiberglass ?Does it less than 6 pounds?

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Question. Will it have it's own air box and tube? Or will we reuse the stock tube like the cervini's? And by looking at the pics it looks like there really isn't any ducting. But wide open to suck as much air as it can or need. I like it. is it fiberglass ?Does it less than 6 pounds?
The ram air kit shown in the pics is the set-up we are offering. It will dump air into the general air filter / box area of the engine bay.

The hood weighs around 35 lb, less than 40 lb. This is not a lightweight race hood, although we do have that as well (stock style, carbon fiber). This for the appearance of the 1320 style hood.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am deffinitely interested, I think this is one of the better hood scoops out there, but will be waiting until a picture of one painted on a chally.

What would shipping be to 75219? thanks

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am deffinitely interested, I think this is one of the better hood scoops out there, but will be waiting until a picture of one painted on a chally.

What would shipping be to 75219? thanks
The hoods are shipped truck freight, so there is a flat $150 in shipping. Now through the 4th though we are offering free shipping ... :) Just check out the thread about it here in our vendor section for details.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The hood scoop stalks are made from fiberglass, but we are trying to change it to aluminum and should be able to get at least some of the first batch done in aluminum. If you have a preference when you order, let me know.
You're referring to the two stand off spacers in the opening of the scoops mouth right? I ordered it with the aluminum stand offs but just realized I should confirm that what your talking about is the same thing I'm thinking about!
Thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
448 Posts
How exactly is that ram air if all it does is dump air on the stock location air filter? And if it is ram air, do you know the psi built by the scoop?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
we had another customer pre-order one of these hoods today! be one of the first in your area with the exclusive SX Challenger hood!!!

·
Registered
1,176 Posts

Pre-Order Price: $649

Regular Price: $899
To Pre-Order: Speedlogix Ram Air Hood 08-11 Challenger or call us toll free 888-SPD-LOGX

We do not charge your credit card until the hood is ready to ship. If you pay with PayPal the funds are immediately transferred so please be aware of that when ordering.

If you would like to pay in full now, we will give you another $50 off, for a total hood price of $599. Just put a comment in the order notes when you order!!
I ordered my hood on 7/4 and my credit card was charged on 7/7 for the full price of the hood at $649. I am fine with paying in full now, but could I please get the $599 price as you advertised?

I neglected to mention it in the comments when I ordered, but I assumed that since you were charging my credit card already, you would have done so at the lower price. Can I get that $50 credited back please?

JFF:D

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You're referring to the two stand off spacers in the opening of the scoops mouth right? I ordered it with the aluminum stand offs but just realized I should confirm that what your talking about is the same thing I'm thinking about!
Thanks,
Justin
Yes, those little stalks are what I am referring to so we are on the same page! I should have 15 of the first 20 hoods with aluminum so we are good, and I have your note here for aluminum, too.

How exactly is that ram air if all it does is dump air on the stock location air filter? And if it is ram air, do you know the psi built by the scoop?
That is what all the hood manufacturers call a functional scoop with a duct to drive air to an area under the hood. Technically speaking, no, I don't know what psi is built by the scoop. When I decided to build this hood is was mainly for the looks as I fell in love with the design.

I ordered my hood on 7/4 and my credit card was charged on 7/7 for the full price of the hood at $649. I am fine with paying in full now, but could I please get the $599 price as you advertised?

I neglected to mention it in the comments when I ordered, but I assumed that since you were charging my credit card already, you would have done so at the lower price. Can I get that $50 credited back please?

Your credit card was only charged $559, per your request.

7/4 - authorization of $759 at the time of your order, which is automatic by our store, but no funds are charged.

7/5 - funds captured in the amount of $559 after I read your order comments that you wanted the $50 pre-pay discount, and I removed the $150 for our free shipping special.

You actually did mention in your Order Comments about wanting the $50 discount for paying up front, and you also requested the $150 free shipping credit. I did both and then ran your credit card for $559.

Please check with your credit card as you are probably seeing the initial authorization, and not the actual charge. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us or send me a PM.

Thanks,
Lisa.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Your credit card was only charged $559, per your request.

7/4 - authorization of $759 at the time of your order, which is automatic by our store, but no funds are charged.

7/5 - funds captured in the amount of $559 after I read your order comments that you wanted the $50 pre-pay discount, and I removed the $150 for our free shipping special.

You actually did mention in your Order Comments about wanting the $50 discount for paying up front, and you also requested the $150 free shipping credit. I did both and then ran your credit card for $559.

Please check with your credit card as you are probably seeing the initial authorization, and not the actual charge. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us or send me a PM.

Thanks,
Lisa.
Lisa,

I think you have my order mixed up with someone else's. I have sent you a PM.

1 - 20 of 272 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.