Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my old SRT had the Sepia Laguna and I did like that look and feel. There were some fitment issues and my drivers seat was starting to get saggy in areas. My wife made a comment that she had gotten in my car with her shorts on and felt that that leather was very hot to the point of being what she considered uncomfortably hot. Almost burning her.

So my question for the guys with the Suede,,,,, How are they wearing and do they ever get that hot when you first get in the car?

Thanks for any input, I've narrowed my search to some local 16 SRT's. Well see how bad these guys want to sell them. After my accident, Geico is gonna make a Hellcat impossible. :frown:

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I've had plenty of cars with seats that wanted to burn me when I wore shorts, and my 15 SRT with the "suede" hasn't done it at all. To be honest, I haven't even thought about it, so it must not be hot at all. We've had several weeks in the 90s, so I think it would have jumped out at me.

I went to the dark side last summer with a Mustang with leather seats, and they burned the crap out of my legs.

·
Premium Member
9,356 Posts
I've never dealt with geico, how much after this wreck did they raise the premium? Does it go back down in the reasonable future?

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've never dealt with geico, how much after this wreck did they raise the premium? Does it go back down in the reasonable future?

I asked for quote for two Vin #'s, a new 16 SRT and a used 16 Hellcat with 6k on the clock. Premium difference was significant. Payment for the SRT was the same. They may bump up my payment in the future. I don't know.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I've always had cars with all leather seats, but my '12 SRT has the suede inserts (only option in '09-'14). At first, I didn't care for the way they keep you "planted". I'm kinda fidgety and like to move around. I'm use to them now and like how they seem to breathe and keep you cooler than all leather.
With that said, when I took the SRT driving experience that came with my SRT, the instructors said keeping you planted was why the engineers chose to use suede.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I love the suede seats and my wife does too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My perforated Laguna leather seats are awesome, even in the Phoenix summer. I have heat and A/C pumping through them and they are one of the main reasons I went for a white SRT.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Suede wear

My perforated Laguna leather seats are awesome, even in the Phoenix summer. I have heat and A/C pumping through them and they are one of the main reasons I went for a white SRT.
Yhea my Sepia was awesome, I never thought the temp was an issue. Houston summers are what they are. How about wear? Who can comment on how they are holding up?

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
The suede like material is alcantara and it is extremely durable. It's widely used in other high end cars. Even some use it on steering wheels.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,277 Posts
I've got the alcantara and really like it, like everybody says it grips, looks nice, is durable and comfortable in the heat or cold. The new Demon will have an alcantara steering wheel.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
My 12 had the suede and I thought it turned kind of greasy looking after a few months....my only complaint...But I'm not seeing that on the 16...

Otherwise its not hot nor cold...which is good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts