Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I just took delivery of my new 2010 srt8 in black, what an awesome beast. I have a question on what others have learned about no factory spare tire option? I have read posts on a kit that a guy was selling on eBay, that seems to no longer be the case...is there any spare that dodge makes for any car that will fit the srt8 and clear the brembo brakes, at least the front or back? How have others solved, ideally would like to fit in designed trunk wheel well?

That means 18 spare?

Thanks,
J

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
There are a few threads on this. Check the wheel and tire section.

I ordered the kit off of ebay. Quite pricey, but I didn't need to go on an egg hunt to find a spare kit out of a junk yard, plus the wheel adapter, plus the jack, plus the lug wrench. Some guys don't mind that, but I don't have the time for hunting.

It is due to be delivered tomorrow. I will install it in the trunk and drive with confidence.

If you go the 18" tire route, you can get a Borbet from Tire Rack or Voxx from Discount Tire Direct. Both of those wheels are reported to clear the Brembo's. Check this thread out: SRT8 Spare Tire Solution - Chrysler 300C Forum: 300C & SRT8 Forums Make sure you secure that spare in the trunk!

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
My spare tire came in last week. I got it off of ebay. Spare Tire Kit for Charger, Challenger, 300, SRT8, Mag - eBay (item 230573113535 end time Jan-16-11 15:09:52 PST) Quite expensive, but it appears to work well, although I have not tried it.

I have not been able to fit the spare into the trunk bay. My car came with the dealer installed double subwoofer. I need to get my kid to help me get it out of there so I can gain clear access to the storage bay. The instructions were simple enough.

I am sure you can get it cheaper if you piece it together yourself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts