Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Nice color combo. Of course I'm partial to the DWB. I was thinking of doing the DWB with "White" Shoulder Stripes.......anybody done that yet?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stripes look great. But I wouldn't do them because that's a ford thing.

BLACK - 1903/6500
OUCH!
Thanks for the backhanded compliment. I guess. LoL.

Stripes are no more a "Ford thing" than any make car. I grew up looking at my neighbor's 1970 Charger sitting in the driveway next door. Those rally stripes he had on that thing made it look awesome. Then the guy across the street had his Roadrunner painted with rally stripes. Not all the way down the front or the back though. Just like the way I put them on mine.

That's how I remember two bad-ass muscle-cars from my early teens.

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Stripes look great. But I wouldn't do them because that's a ford thing.

BLACK - 1903/6500

Sorry guys if I am popping off here without doing the research.

Correct me if I am wrong but these stripes where used at least back in the fifties by Briggs Cunningham.(before shelby)... I know I have seen Vipers with double stripes also. I guess it is kind of subjective if ford is the first thing you think of.:scratchhead:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice color combo. Of course I'm partial to the DWB. I was thinking of doing the DWB with "White" Shoulder Stripes.......anybody done that yet?
I had the guy from the sticker place put about 5 samples of material on my car before I chose the metallic silver. The white looked good also. But the metallic look of the one I chose brings out the highlights of the DWB paint, I think.
But, sure, white shoulder stripes would look good, too.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I thought yours had a silver look to them. Looks great online. Bet it's way better in person!

.......and before Cunningham....weren't these double stripes on about the 35 or 36 DeSoto?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks nice :thumbsup:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Looks very sharp, i like that combo.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry guys!! I did say the stripes looked good. I hate fords and there stripes. I don't like seeing challengers that look like ford mustangs. I see so many on the road(6 cyclinder fords) that are GT 500 wanda bee's.

#correction
BLACK- 1803/6400

·
Registered
39 Posts
mahi that looks SICK! this makes me so stoked for mine which were shipped out today :) i got flat black ones to go on my dark grey challenger :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
The stripes look nice on your car. I don't get the ford thing regarding stripes. Its a stripe. To me no one company has the stripe market locked down. If I remember right didn't the 70 Camaro also have a dual stripe available and then there is the shaker hood who would have that 1st, ford or dodge and plymouth because the shaker was available in 1970 on the Mustang as well as the Challengers and Cuda's. To me its all personal preference.:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts