1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Why not just go with the MOPAR version? It fits with the 5.7 engine cover and you don't have to unbolt it to do any engine work. I have one on my SRT8 and am very pleased with how it flattens out cornering and virtually eliminates noticeable body roll. I drive some twisty backroads daily - which is why got it. Haven't seen any info on one brace being better than another, so I'd opt for one that doesn't require removal to work on the engine.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok added a few more pics

Ok this is a prototype and I added a few more pics to my site. Any thoughts on powder coating.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New strut tower brace

Thanks guys, I went out driving more with it today and I'm very pleased with the results. I started work on the rear ones now. I have a cool idea for them. I am going to have the mounts laser cut and then I should be good to go.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Very nice

It looks great and lite weight too. Now paint it your body color.

Here' mine...Got it @ Richard Petty Garage.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Nice job on your fabrication and making it work for the 5.7 with the cover :guiness:

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Excellent job of fabricating. If you decide to sell them, make them available in several powder coated colors! Always room in the market for new ideas.

Jack

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Strut tower brace

Thanks guys have not thought about selling them. I made it cuz myself and a few buddies own Mopars so I made a jig up and made 5 sets. Even though they are aluminum we are powder coating them to match our paint.

I know it fits a 2005 C300, charger and of course my challenger. Well I will have to give that some thought.

Todd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts