Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, well this is my second atempt at a strut brace, I just got this back from the powder coater and I'm very pleased with it. I made it myself in my shop.

Your thoughts

Todd

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Strut tower brace

Wow so many people viewing this but no comments.

Oh well, can anyone comment on what they think would be a good color other than painting it the same as the car

Todd

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Good looking brace, you should take pictures at different angles so we can get a better feel for it. Looks like its bolted at the top as well? Good looking brace though sir.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Looks stronger than the commercially available braces. Good job.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Strut brace

Thanks guys, I will post some pics of it off the car. It is made from .120 wall and 1.25 OD and the brackets are laser cut and Cnc bent out of .125 plate. As for selling them I have no interest but someone I use to deal with has considered selling them and his price I think will be cheaper than anyone else. I need to review the forum rules again because I don't want to say anything out of turn. So just send me a PM if you want the company info. I think he is looking at being a vendor here.

On another note I was truly suprised by how much the brace stiffens up the r.

Stay tuned for some more pics.

Todd

·
Banned
557 Posts
Looks good. In regards to color, hard to beat Chrome with black. Although a brushed aluminum or red would also look good IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts