Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Jarrod. I am the Service Manager at a Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram dealer in South Florida. I have been a mopar fanatic most of my life. I started my new job at this store on 4/16/18. A week later I did a "build and price" on the dodge site for a GoManGo T/A 392. I have a thing for orange cars... I decided I was going to wait until my son turned 18 in Jan of 2019 and then I would get a new car after I can get him off my insurance.. Well, on 5/4, I am walking in the back shop at work, and I see this Orange T/A 392 sitting in there waiting to get PDI'd. It just came in! It had every option I spec'd out mine online, except for the 19 speaker sound system.. It was divine intervention! on 5/9, it was mine!

I can never leave anything stock. I ordered a wicker bill this week for it, and I plan to have the resonators chopped off soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,230 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is my other mopar.. I've owned it since 1999. My last mopar daily was a 2006 Magnum SRT8 I had up until 1/2008. And this challenger is the first automatic daily I've had since 2011!

(The convertible has a built 440 with a tremec TKO 5 speed behind it..)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Well congrats on BOTH counts! Just stunning. My kind of car guy. welcome to the forum and good luck with your new addition. I'm very happy for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the rides!

Are you working at Schumacher or Accardi?

·
Registered
9,351 Posts
Here is my other mopar.. I've owned it since 1999. My last mopar daily was a 2006 Magnum SRT8 I had up until 1/2008. And this challenger is the first automatic daily I've had since 2011!

(The convertible has a built 440 with a tremec TKO 5 speed behind it..)

Boy Howdy, that's a sweet ride too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool! I live a few miles north of that, didn’t even realize it was no longer a Volvo dealership until I drove by that way last week. Congrats on the sweet TA!

Yup!

The south side of the store will be a separate Jeep showroom and Jeep Service Drive too. That's still under construction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I wasn't sure I wanted to mention this, but it's currently at my collision center. It saw the car for the first time before it was PDI'd, and it was filthy. After I did the papers and took delivery and it was cleaned, I noticed the worst grind marks I have ever seen under the paint on the passenger front fender, and the hood had a paint chip in it, that was UNDER the black paint.

So I showed it to my rep from Chrysler, who helped me do my first "digital imaging" approval for a cosmetic defect, and it was painless! Took a day to get it approved after a minor tweak of the estimate from the body shop.

I'm kind of glad I got this car, and not a regular customer. Most people wouldn't be very understanding. Me? I understand that it's a mass produced vehicle. Things happen. It's under warranty, and it's being made right. The paint will probably have less orange peel than the rest of the car! And they had to do a demon matte black hood at the same time as mine anyways.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,899 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
OK. First. That GoManGo T/A is the fastest looking stationary car I've ever seen. Way cool. Now on-to the Roadrunner.... At this point, you're entering Tom Brady (Superbowl Champion, GOAT QB AND married to supermodel) territory with your embarrassment of riches. Owning one super cool MOPAR is normally the pinnacle for those enamored by them, but TWO.... I suggest you do some deep soul searching and seek some divine guidance here. If you would like to "pay it forward" and donate one of those wicked cool cars to someone and lift them to the MOPAR mountain-top (where you are).....send me a private message. I'd walk from western PA to Boca Raton for one of those cars.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts