Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm very excited to get my challenger. It's at the dealer right now on an airbag recall, when they finish it I will be the proud new owner. I'm hopeful you all can point me in the right direction for my goals, help me figure out where to go cheap, where to drop the dollars, what I may not know, or may not be seeing, and fill in some blanks that I have.
Goals: 600 crank HP. 550RWHP. H/C/I with bolt ons set up. Those knock off Liberty Walk fenders: Duraflex. Wheels: 20x11 up front, 20x12 rear running a 345MM tread. Haven't done the offset calculations yet as I haven't been able to find how much space the fenders actually add. Those are the main concepts.

Will I need to upgrade axles, rear diff, trans or clutch for a daily driver street car that will see a bit or torment? Nothing major, burnout once every blue moon, and interstate pulls on the occasional mustang.

I'm coming from the LSX world. Now trying to do a build plan on the 6.4 hemi. I have some complaints... Mainly in the intake manifold. Why are there no fees able after market options except a $5000 sheet metal intake, or a $7000-$8000 blower? The heads reportedly are capable of flowing 340 CFM out of the box, which is great. I've seen some some aftermarket and ported throttle bodies that seem as though they would let plenty of air in. Which leads me to believe the intake manifold is going to be the weak spot for flow. As I understand it, the 6.1 ported intakes work but are crazy expensive. And the cam options for the car are rather limited. There are 2 different comp cams that everyone seems to run. I understand how the variable runner lengths can be beneficial, but would it be better to get a non variable intake for my build? Also, I get the VVT and the cam phaser limiters, but how much lift and how fast are you all spinning your stock bottom ends with springs, retainers and roller rockers on the heads to? Any one at my goal care to share their build with me? Also anyone with the Duraflex fenders care to share wheel/tire set up they are running?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome to the mopar side, I also came here from the LSX world. Huge difference on ways to make power. Makes you realize how easy it was to make power with an LS engine. I am still learning and trying to figure out how to make my 5.7 faster, but it seems like the only way for a real power increase is a blower. With an LS1 engine you can do tune, heads, cam, lid and exhaust. Bam! huge power increase. Not so much with Hemi engines. But then again I love my Challenger! Just going to buy a C5 as my track toy. ;)

Oh and it's much cheaper to mod an LS engine! Way cheaper!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts