Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My latest mod completed today, Magnaflow resonators and staggered tips.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
Looks great ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
980 Posts
That’s look awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've decided on that look for my T/A (thanks). How does the Magnaflow sound compared to the stock? I'm kind of partial to the scream the stock can put out.
The Magnaflow sounds nearly the same as stock, maybe a tad bit more throaty. I would have left the stock resonators but they wouldn’t allow for the new tip installation, the Magnaflow are much shorter.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,254 Posts
Nice mod, looks good and I'm sure sounds even better. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Don't resonators still make it kinda quiet? That's what I liked about my Borla cat-back, just two oval straight through design mufflers and no resonators. Much louder that way. But I know not everyone likes the noise. Those tips look great!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't resonators still make it kinda quiet? That's what I liked about my Borla cat-back, just two oval straight through design mufflers and no resonators. Much louder that way. But I know not everyone likes the noise. Those tips look great!
The Magnaflow resonators are also straight through, not likely the reduce anything but they certain help with the drone that could result without them. Thanks!

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=14159

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
561 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Thanks. Did u replace or remove stock muffler? Do you consider a large sound increase?

No, the center mufflers are still in place. The sound is pretty much what I wanted, a deeper than stock idle and not too loud. When you put your foot in it, it roars pretty good. I think there are sound files at Blastin' Bobs site. We all seem to have our own idea as to what "loud" is, but I didn't want loud, more of a throaty sound.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No, the center mufflers are still in place. The sound is pretty much what I wanted, a deeper than stock idle and not too loud. When you put your foot in it, it roars pretty good. I think there are sound files at Blastin' Bobs site. We all seem to have our own idea as to what "loud" is, but I didn't want loud, more of a throaty sound.
I already replaced the stock muffler to mini bullets, the sound is good. But I am thinking to make the car louder, I am not sure if replace the stock resonator will increase the sound without bringing drone.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the information. So the sound level is not very big different compared with stock resonator?
It’s only a very modest tone increase. Not a very big difference, just the ability to install different top cuz the Magnaflow are about half as long as the stock resonators. I’m very please with the slight tone increase and new look.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts