Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased some nice blue tips from Weasdon Automotive in WI USA....They took their sweet time to reach me though after a marathon one month logistical adventure through USA and then here in UAE...They were relatively easy to install, the hard part was to remove the default tip surrounds and their plastic housing. The tips themselves had to be shortened by half an inch in order for them not to be sticking out too much. Overall I am very pleased with these tips, especially as I was told by one shop that the tips are too large to fit.

Here are some pictures ,,,

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
I know the original tips are screwed into the rear valence panel. Did you just remove them and weld these to your exhaust pipes?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the original tips are screwed into the rear valence panel. Did you just remove them and weld these to your exhaust pipes?
Yes, the original tip surrounds and plastic supports were unscrewed (this took a long time) and then they shortened the small ID inlet pipes of the tips by half an inch and inserted the remaining inlet of the tips inside the default exhaust pipes then welded them on. They would have fitted full length too, but were sticking out too much. So the tips were shortened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts