Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 R/T plus, which came with Good Year Eagle F1 Supercar tires (245/45ZR20). Any recommendations for replacements? Looking for something sporty, but still good in the rain. It's a daily driver, not used on the track.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,842 Posts
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500s are my current favorite. They are an ultra high perf summer tire though, which means they should only be run when temps are > 32F.

That may or may not be a problem depending on your geographic location.

·
Super Moderator
14,032 Posts
If you are looking for an all-weather tire, the Cooper Zeon RS3-G1 tire is an excellent choice. Great reviews and reasonably priced (see link, below). I have them on my SRT. Whatever tire you choose, check out the prices at Discount Tire- one of our Supporting Vendors.

·
Registered
2015 RT Shaker (STP/A8/FORGED/NAPPA/NO SUNROOF)
491 Posts
General AS-05 are a decent all-season tire if you are on a budget.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack M6
177 Posts
I have BFG Comp AS Much better grip than Goodyear but I haven't had them in the rain. Plus proudly made in the USA Buy American

·
Premium Member
2,425 Posts
I have Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 tires on my car. I have about 16,000 miles on them now. I love them for gripping the road...Until it snows, then they are a compromise, just like any all-season tire.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
429 Posts
I have BFG Comp AS Much better grip than Goodyear but I haven't had them in the rain. Plus proudly made in the USA Buy American
Yep these are next on my list or another set of Nitto Motivo's. Close to the same price. Maybe a few $$$ more for the BFG's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the recommendations. After much research I decided to go with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus via Discount Tire. We'll see how they hold up to Houston's hot and rainy highways and poorly maintained neighborhood roads.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thanks all for the recommendations. After much research I decided to go with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus via Discount Tire. We'll see how they hold up to Houston's hot and rainy highways and poorly maintained neighborhood roads.
Michelins are good, just expensive.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Coopers on everything I own.
I like Cooper's. Have them on Wife's car.
I'm going to put some on my RAM here real soon, right after they confirm my price match I submitted to Discount from Amazon.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
i put on a set of the Michelin Sport A/S 4 have about a 1000 miles on them .
yes pricey, IMO well worth It .
They are awesome in the rain and here in southwest Florida that’s huge

1 - 15 of 15 Posts