Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have new wheels coming and will need new rear tires.. going 305 35 20 for the back.. i need traction.. i was looking at the nittor 555R drag radial but the more i ponder and discuss people say ( and i get it ) that this type of tire is horrible for anything other than track time.. rain, corners ect.. but i need something. i considered the 555G2.. anyone have any real world experience with them?

i know pilot supersports are supposed to be excellent but man on man 450 a tire i can't justify.

car makes 680 to the rear wheels right now.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Toyo owns/makes Nitto, I run those over Continentals as they are a little cheaper per tire and have as good of reviews as anything out there...

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have considered the conti tires also.. i may take a harder look at them

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
i have new wheels coming and will need new rear tires.. going 305 35 20 for the back.. i need traction.. i was looking at the nittor 555R drag radial but the more i ponder and discuss people say ( and i get it ) that this type of tire is horrible for anything other than track time.. rain, corners ect.. but i need something. i considered the 555G2.. anyone have any real world experience with them?

i know pilot supersports are supposed to be excellent but man on man 450 a tire i can't justify.

car makes 680 to the rear wheels right now.
I had the previous version NT-555 Extremes (now the NT-555 G2) great tires, even drove these "summer tires" in 1-1.5" of snow w/o issues and year round with temps in teens - 20s, and they behaved like all season tires.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
The Coopers have been known to be a good performer.

The 20K tread life - that's a factor to consider. That's a pretty soft compound

The Firestone - no tread life warranty on those.

The other item is if you plan on summer / spring use only - those will work for you. Other times of the year they might not be the choice in colder weather <45*F

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i do not worry about tread life.. it is what it is.. i just need TRACTION

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
2,728 Posts
I had the previous version NT-555 Extremes (now the NT-555 G2) great tires, even drove these "summer tires" in 1-1.5" of snow w/o issues and year round with temps in teens - 20s, and they behaved like all season tires.
How many miles did you get out of them?

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Reactions: Gila Hemi

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
777 Posts
so i think i am interested in these after much searching and head scratching.. anyone running them and anyone have any thoughts?

Street Comp ? Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels
I have the Street Comp 275/40-20's all around...Really like them...Especially on the twistys...I would recommend them...

If you got a 10" + rim for the rear, they do make a 305 width Street Comp...Not talking about the SS DR...

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yah, I have a 10.5 rear.
I read that cooper tires makes them and after I looked into it further they look almost exactly like the cooper rs3. Makes sense, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts