Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Im looking into getting wider tires for the my 2019 Scat Pack. I have been doing some reading, but tires and rims are pretty confusing. I know I can put 275s on it, but can I go wider with the stock scat pack rims(I really dont want to upgrade the rims, I like the look.) If not, do they make a wider rim with the stock look? I am hoping to go 305 in the back 275 up front.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess what I really want is to be able to beat my brothers sissy scat pack charger. His is all stock, and so is my challenger. Do you think a 275 in the rear would make a big enough difference to where I should be able to hook up faster and beat him off the line?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Which wheels do you have? Between those two cars it will be a drivers race assuming they’re both an a8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
451 Posts
Tires will definitely help especially some ULTRA HIGH PERF summer ones.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Which wheels do you have? Between those two cars it will be a drivers race assuming they’re both an a8.

We both have stock Scat Pack wheels. His is a 2018 Charger, mine is the 2019 Challenger. They are both A8. I just want to do something easy and cheap that will not be an obvious upgrade.

·
Registered
451 Posts
We both have stock Scat Pack wheels. His is a 2018 Charger, mine is the 2019 Challenger. They are both A8. I just want to do something easy and cheap that will not be an obvious upgrade.
Run Shell Vpower93 in your car (at all times), and get some summer tires. However, the most noticeable upgrade in launching will be you. Learn how to launch, learn how much to rev the tach to before releasing brake, make sure you're in TRACK mode (or SPORT if you dont have the former) for the firmer shifts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Run Shell Vpower93 in your car (at all times), and get some summer tires. However, the most noticeable upgrade in launching will be you. Learn how to launch, learn how much to rev the tach to before releasing brake, make sure you're in TRACK mode (or SPORT if you dont have the former) for the firmer shifts.
Yeah. I need to practice my launching. My fastest 0-60 is 4.6. I believe it can do better, even with the stock tires. I put it in track mode, turn traction control on, and just hammer down. Every time I try to ease into the throttle, i get worse times than the 4.6

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well then , going to a good 275 can definitely add a huge advantage over the stock 245’s. Might I suggest the Toyo t1 sport in 275/40/20 if you don’t go with DR’s. As of late , that’s my new favorite street tire. It performs almost as well as the Michelin’s and they’re around 200$ per tire. If you want to be serious about traction , the ONLY real answer is a drag radial. I like the Mickey Thompson et r or even the street SS for a daily. If you live in a wetter climate , the nitto 555r does pretty well.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Well then , going to a good 275 can definitely add a huge advantage over the stock 245’s. Might I suggest the Toyo t1 sport in 275/40/20 if you don’t go with DR’s. As of late , that’s my new favorite street tire. It performs almost as well as the Michelin’s and they’re around 200$ per tire. If you want to be serious about traction , the ONLY real answer is a drag radial. I like the Mickey Thompson et r or even the street SS for a daily. If you live in a wetter climate , the nitto 555r does pretty well.

You mess with the Pirelli PZ4 yet? I'm getting mine put on this Friday (dealer screwed up stock car and put A/S on accidently)

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,110 Posts
You have the 2019 20x9" Black Noise wheels? 275/45 is the widest you should go

A Guy

Reactions: Ronan978

·
Super Moderator
15,005 Posts
If you try to squeeze anything wider than a 275/40-20 tire on a 9-inch wheel, it will not wear or perform properly. It could also be dangerous. Look at the following wheel fit diagram.

Tire Fitment.jpg

·
Registered
583 Posts

A Guy
If you try to squeeze anything wider than a 275/40-20 tire on a 9-inch wheel, it will not wear or perform properly. It could also be dangerous. Look at the following wheel fit diagram.

View attachment 978973
While it’s not recommended, many have used slightly wider than recommended tires on wheels with no ill affects. Obviously not going with a 315 on a 9” , but many have run 285/35/20 on oem 9” along with 295/40/20 with absolutely zero issues whatsoever. And yes, there still will be some benefit to doing so. Not as much as the correct wheel combo , but still some benefit. I have run 315’s on a 20x10 and had zero faults, with undoubtedly better traction than a 275.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

A Guy
I believe those are the wheels I have. I know the tires are 245. Do they make a wider version of that wheel? I would really like to go to 305, but I dont wanna have to buy new wheels all around. The color looks almost like a really dark grey. I love the look of the wheels. I don't want to switch. But if I do switch, what size should I go to for 305's?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,110 Posts
No one is making reproductions of that wheel. And while yes, you can go wider on a 9" rim, it's not recommended...even if others may do it. You're choice, but I wouldn't want you next to me on the freeway with tires too wide than what the rim was made for.

If you switch, a 10" to 12" wheel will fit a 305. People install 10"-11" on the rear all the time

A Guy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
Im looking into getting wider tires for the my 2019 Scat Pack. I have been doing some reading, but tires and rims are pretty confusing. I know I can put 275s on it, but can I go wider with the stock scat pack rims(I really dont want to upgrade the rims, I like the look.) If not, do they make a wider rim with the stock look? I am hoping to go 305 in the back 275 up front.
Did you get the rims for 305 tires

1 - 15 of 15 Posts