Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase new tires for my 2019 dodge Challenger widebody scatpack. I am not trying to break the bank with high performance tires as it is my daily driver, but I am looking for longevity and reliability with them. I appreciate all your help and your time on this post!

· Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,755 Posts
The sad fact is these heavy cars eat tires. You're looking at 25k-30k miles max, no matter the brand and how diligent you are in rotations. I go through my local Discount Tire and make use of the tire mileage warranty.

· Registered
1,712 Posts
I've had great mileage from Cooper Zeon rs3-g1 & Nitto Motivo in the 30k range. I just got a set of Firehawk AS about 10k miles ago and they are at like 80% tread life so I'll probably get in the high 30k if I don't launch hard all the time or do burnouts.

· Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
879 Posts
Continental Extreme Contact's, Michelin Pilot Sport 4s, BF Goodrich Comp 2 A/S Plus
are all good tread life and handling.
... and I will add the Goodyear Exhilarate to this fine list. Pricey like the Michelins but very impressive on my '14 Mustang GT. I am definitely considering them once my original Goodyear Eagles are done.

· Premium Member
9,165 Posts
I have the Firestone Firehawks on my well, Firehawk's. Very happy with performance and they wear well too.

· Registered
2,751 Posts
When my tires come up for replacement I plan on trying the Cooper Zeon RS3-G1. One of the least expensive options out there right now and I have historically had very good luck with other Cooper offerings. Tire rack has them priced at $245.99 each The Pirelli P Zero all seasons, that I'm not all that happy about, are $367.24 each. Almost 35% higher.

· Registered
2020 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
879 Posts
Hope they ride smoother then the RSA's those things handle and good tread life but suck for ride very stiff.
Totally different animal. These are top of the line Michelin Pilot Sport like quality which I had on my prior GT for 40,000 miles. A rather new Goodyear model I believe within the last year or so. Made in USA in the Kansas plant if I remember right. Much better IMO than the other Eagles that are currently on my R/T. I thought I would give them a try with the rebate they were offering at the time. I'm glad I did as it is yet another choice. Here is the info on the labels. I hope they come in Challenger sizes. I have not checked.

Font Poster Parallel Electric blue Rectangle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts