Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This info would only affect PA and Washington DC owners. I wanted to replace the POS Goodyears on my RT. I'm at about 29,000 miles and they were crap in wet weather. I figure I had about 2-4000 left on the tires but I just couldn't deal with the lack of traction. I wanted to replace them with Yoko Parada Spec-X. 245-45/20. Even Tire Rack has problems keeping these tires in stock. Their price $171 each. I saw an ad in the paper from an outfit called Tire Van. They come to your house or place of work and do the tire change, balance and installation right there. Their price for the Yokos was $178 each. $7 difference. With service charge, dynamic balance, TPMS service, and 6% tax the whole bill was about $945. The guy even used an actual torque wrench on the lug nuts. While the tires were off, I was able to clean the inside of the rims. And no, I am not connected with Tire Van in any way. But I would highly recommend them for anyone who is as anal about their car as I am. They can order just about any tire you would want. Apparently they are only in the Phila/Washington area now. But it sure beats watching a high school drop-out working at Tire Kingdom screw up your rims while you sit helplessly in the waiting room reading a 3 year old Motor Trend. And the prices aren't all that bad.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I hear what you said about Tire Kingdom. I brought my BMW M5 in there to mount the summer wheels. The tech didn't know how to get the car into reverse. When I got the car back and drove it to work I noticed that it was handling really weird. The SOB had mounted one of the rear wheels/tires 275/35/18 on the front, across from the other real front tire 245/45/18. I bitched the manager out. He fixed the problem and refunded my money. I have not ever been back. Will not bring the SRT there.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I have been a huge fan of Discount Tire down here in the south but after seeing the stress their lifts puts on my rocker panels after having the SRT on their lift for the first time, I may not be back.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I knew that Tire Van was in business and thought their service was too good to be true. It was. They stopped their service 5 miles from my house. Yes I do live in Mountgomery County MD. Just too far North.

·
Super Moderator
13,946 Posts
Thank you kindly for the good word. Please let us know if we could be of assistance in the future at all.
As a vendor-supported community, we only permit our authorized Supporting Vendors to discuss their business or offer their products or services on the forums. If you are interested in continuing to post about your service, please send a e-mail to [email protected] for current vendor program rates and details. In the meantime, we must ask you to abide by the rules.

Please do not solicit, reply to, or participate in threads about your service, company, projects, or sponsored events. all of which we consider "advertising." You must have the official "Site Sponsor" tag and title that clearly identifies you as an authorized "Supporting Vendor." before you can make business-related posts here. All threads and/or posts that do not comply with our advertising and vendor policies are subject to edit or removal. Posts that are removed can be restored at your request after you attain 'Supporting Vendor" status.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I know you said you were looking at Yoko's but have you considered Hankook Ventus V12 Evo's? They can be had for around $130 a tire and have good wet traction. These are the tires I plan on going with when mine give up the ghost.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had considered the Hankooks, but after reading the reviews on both (on Tire Rack as I remember), I felt that the Yokos were the best choice. I forget what the Hankooks had a problem with, tread life, noise, or something else but the Yokos won out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts