Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says I am new to Challenger Talk. I recently purchased a 2011 R/T, I've already upgraded the exhaust and deleted the resonators. Just looking for good info on gaining HP without Forging everything. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome from Hellinois. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
246 Posts

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Just as the title says I am new to Challenger Talk. I recently purchased a 2011 R/T, I've already upgraded the exhaust and deleted the resonators. Just looking for good info on gaining HP without Forging everything. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated
First off welcome from NM.

And now some words of wisdom from an old school Challenger guy. I too have a 2011 Challenger. Mine is an SRT. You don't have to forge everything but if you are serious about HP gains you will need forged pistons and might as well do rods too.

My 1st Challenger was a 2009 RT. I tried all the "TRICKS" to gain HP, ie....... CAI, exhaust, cut outs, blah, blah, blah. I gained very little but spent a $hit ton of $$. The only way to gain even moderate HP is to either upgrade to an SRT or forge and Supercharge. I know that's probably not what you want to hear, but its something I wish I had heard....... :5:

Here's a pic of my 2009 RT ........

Untitled by Chris G, on Flickr

and my 688 HP SRT........

IMG_1182-001 by Chris G, on Flickr

and one of both........

Road trip southern NM5 by Chris G, on Flickr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts