Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just moved to Gurnee area after living in Maine for 15 years. Figured I'd see if there are any active local members around?

·
Registered
570 Posts
There are a few active forum members from the Chicago area. You're far enough north to also check-in for Wisconsin or the Milwaukee area. I've encountered a few members out here from the south and southwest suburbs.

If you're looking for summertime cruise nights I'm not too familiar with any up your way and it's a helluva long ride for you on a weeknight to attend some of the well attended ones down south or southwest like Frankfort (Thur) or Tinley Park (Tues). Keep checking-in on this forum and also on the web. You're bound to find some great ones up in your area. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll keep my eyes open for Wisconsin meets as well. I was hoping that by posting on this section I'd hit both areas from this forum at least. I've found a few Facebook groups locally and have been meeting with one but I'm hoping when the spring weather truly hits there will be more meets occurring.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Welcome from Bolingbrook, IL.

We have an annual Challenger Meet N Greet that we do in Downers Grove (usually end of April or May) Keep an eye out for the announcement coming shortly.....

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Other than CAMM (Chicagoland Area Modern Mopars), there aren't any groups I know of that meet regularly during the summer. The Midwest is kind of dead that way.

·
Registered
570 Posts
May 18th will be Mopar Night at the Weekly Frankfort Illinois Cruise Nights in Downtown Frankfort, IL.

frankfortcarclub.club

·
Registered
588 Posts
I'm a member on CAMM as well and there are lot of events happening. Go to the facebook page (Chicago Area Modern Mopars).

Examples:
Sunday, March 19, 2017
1 PM
CAMM March Gathering
Small Town Brewery in Wauconda, Illinois
JoinMaybeHide

Sunday, April 23, 2017
11 AM
1st Annual Kick off the Season Cruise
Portillo's Hot Dogs - Villa Park, IL in Villa Park, Illinois

Saturday, May 6, 2017
CAMM Meeting Spot for Cinco DeMopar
Chicago Southland Lincoln Oasis 700 Tri-State Tollway, South Holland, IL 60473
JoinMaybeHide

Official NWIMA Back Roads Tour III-Cruise to Cinco
Flying J (Hebron, IN) in Hebron, Indiana
By Cinco DeMopar
InterestedGoing
10 AM

6th Annual Cinco DeMopar-OFFICIAL
Nine Irish Brothers - Lafayette in Lafayette, Indiana
By Cinco DeMopar
InterestedGoing

There are events planned out thru September not to mention some impromptu local meets.

Then there's NWI Dodge Cahllengers Group (also on FB)

Also MIDWEST RACING GROUP for some local track fun.

There's plenty to do in the Chicagoland Area. :)

BTW, Welcome aboard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts