Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, help a new to exhaust guy out. I hear talk about drone and resonators and so forth and really don't know what you all are talking about. I was thinking of mixing my exhaust on my 2010 RT classic, a bit for flow/power but more over for great muscle sound. Any one wanna post a tutorial and perhaps some opinions on the way to go?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Everyone has different taste when it comes to how a car sounds but most importantly, how loud they like it. I too was looking at removing the resonators but after much research I've opted to go a different route ( solo exhaust ). I want to hear my car but I don't want the car to be obnoxiously loud especially since its my daily driver. Once upon a time I would have been all for it but these days I can tell when a car is TOO loud for my liking.

Not to say it doesn't sound good, because it does, just isn't the kind of attention I'd prefer to get.

cheers

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey guys, help a new to exhaust guy out. I hear talk about drone and resonators and so forth and really don't know what you all are talking about. I was thinking of mixing my exhaust on my 2010 RT classic, a bit for flow/power but more over for great muscle sound. Any one wanna post a tutorial and perhaps some opinions on the way to go?
I think "drone" is one of the most debated topics when it comes to exhaust...especially on this forum.

Drone is more like a humming sound that sort of vibrates in your head. If you have an automatic, the MDS enhances this "drone" when it kicks in.

Now why its so debatable is a number of reasons. A lot of old schoolers used to drive cars with loud exhaust (back in the day) so the drone doesn't bother them. For others, its not a drone but more like exhaust sounds. Others are really sensitive to it.

I'm 44 years old and grew up with muscle cars around me so I'm used to loud cars. i removed my resonators and had the stock mufflers replace with Magnaflows. For me its a nice deep rumble sound that can be loud if I get on the throttle or subdued if I drive calm. Best of both worlds for me.

Trust me, your gonna get a lot of different opinions on this so get ready to get confused.

My BEST advice is to get yourself to a Challenger Meet & Greet and get inside some of the members cars and go for a spin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts