Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum and signed up. Been shopping around for a Challenger for about a month now. Found a used Hemi orange 2009 that has the options I'm looking for at close to the $$ I can afford. Not sure I'm gonna pull the trigger on it. Really prefer to have a black one or possibly red.

Any feedback on painting stripeing vs stripeing stickers? The Hemi orange Chally I'm looking at is all orange. Would want to change the spoiler to black and add side racing stripeing and possibly hood stripes.

I live in New Mexico and don't see many Challengers around. Been drooling over them for the past couple of years. Saw a black one with the RT classic side stripping last summer and decided then that I was gonna have one. Spent the past several months clearing some small debts,.... and just about ready to take the plunge.

Vichris

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Welcome, I bought mine new and had the stripes already on it so I can't help you there. Don't get stuck on that car if it's not exactly what you want. Just because they don't have alot out there. There's alot of places that you can have one shipped to you after you find what you want.

·
Registered
398 Posts
vichris, Welcome to the forum !!!. I've been on this forum several months and am waiting the arrival of my 392 IE Challenger. Delivery date is Jan 28th. You will probably get your car before I get mine. Write or post on how you like it. :)

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome, I bought mine new and had the stripes already on it so I can't help you there. Don't get stuck on that car if it's not exactly what you want. Just because they don't have alot out there. There's alot of places that you can have one shipped to you after you find what you want.
Thanks Rick,

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on this orange RT mostly because its really close to the price I want to pay, has low mileage, all of the options I want..... plus some, and some nice extra mods. There are a couple of colors I just wont do under any circumstances. Hemi orange is not one of them. As a matter of fact.... its growing on me. I've looked at numerous black ones all over the west but most of them don't have near the options Im looking for,.... and only one has the classic stripeing I like. I'm probably gonna go do some final dealing on this orange one next week. Probably wont take many pics until I get it painted the way I want it.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Don't get me wrong there's nothing wrong with HO but alot of times we just want a car and don't look around enough. Good luck and if you need any help your in the right place.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

HO is a great color. Color to me is very critical. When I bought my 09, I ended up with black because I found a dealer who would at least sell a little under MSRP.

I really didn't want black, it is not fun to keep clean obviously and I don't have that kind of time to keep it looking the way I wanted it to look. It really is a beautiful color when clean.

Sold the 09 and waiting on a 392 IE. Good luck on your search.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You should really get exactly what you want. I say keep looking until you find it. Having said that, if you like the Hemi Orange and are willing to settle for it, then go back to them and tell them that you really want black but if they take $x amount for it, then you'll buy it. If they say no, walk away. Go home, then wait to see if they call you back. If they do, you scored. If they don't, keep shopping for black. :)

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

When you take the plunge your going to wonder why you didn't do it sooner also many options available for stripping if you go with decals they can always be removed :browsmiley:

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Just found this forum and signed up. Been shopping around for a Challenger for about a month now. ...
Welcome to the forum. Man you should be in the catbird seat for finding a good deal on a Challenger right now. Have you considered looking at the E-bay completed auctions for new Challengers at dealerships that didn't sell on E-bay?

I saw one that was a new 2010 R/T with a buy-it now of $28,000 and didn't get a single bid. I'd be curious to see what would happen if you called the dealer and offered $26,500 cash.

Either way, good luck on your car hunting, shop around, take your time and get what you want. Your gonna love the Challenger ;)

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the welcome.

R/T 6 speed,......I have spent alot of time online looking for Challys all over the west. Been on yahoo autos, cars.com and several others. Trying to stay within 500 miles of NM. I will check out e-bay.

Honestly though the best deal I have found with the options I want is right here locally. Probably because the dealer knows I'm serious and is ready to deal. I wont be disappointed in the orange....already have plans for the exterior.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did it. 2009 RT, Hemi Orange, 20 in Foose chrome wheels, cold air breather, leather sun/moon roof, nav,......etc etc etc. ;>)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts