Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am currently stationed in Afghanistan purchasing a car online. The one I decided to purchase was a Deep Water Blue SE with a rallye package, and when I googled it to find more pictures I found this forum. Figured it would be a good source of information on the car.

I know alot of people bag on the SE because its a V6 but I am not buying it for power. To tell you the truth, I'm not much of a car guy at all. I just want something that is unique and sporty, and where I live (Arlington,TX) you rarely see a Challenger, unlike a Mustang or Camaro. Plus, I dont have a ton of money to blow on a car being in the Army so the 22k I am spending is much more in my budget then the cost of a SRT8 or RT.

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
First off, thanks for your service.

The Challenger is hands down the best looking car on the road, congrats.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
x2 - Thanks for your service!!!

No matter the model, the Challenger stands out in every crowd. Congrates on getting one and maybe one day we can hook up at one of the Texas cruises around the SFW or houston area.

Be safe!! and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Also... thanks for your service to us!

Hey, us SE owners may not be the biggest crowd on this forum but we are just as proud of our cars. I have an SE and love the car after almost two years of ownership. The car is STILL a blast to drive. I still smile every time I fire it up and back out of the garage. How many other car owners can say that after almost two years and 22k miles!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hey guys, I am currently stationed in Afghanistan purchasing a car online. The one I decided to purchase was a Deep Water Blue SE with a rallye package, and when I googled it to find more pictures I found this forum. Figured it would be a good source of information on the car.

I know alot of people bag on the SE because its a V6 but I am not buying it for power. To tell you the truth, I'm not much of a car guy at all. I just want something that is unique and sporty, and where I live (Arlington,TX) you rarely see a Challenger, unlike a Mustang or Camaro. Plus, I dont have a ton of money to blow on a car being in the Army so the 22k I am spending is much more in my budget then the cost of a SRT8 or RT.

Dallas Tx here. Maybe I'll see your car around. Wish I owned one. :(

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
If your tour is not up for awhile, why not wait for the 2011? it'll be a huge upgrade, and at the least it'll drive down the 2010's even further (sorry to my SE buddies!).

I bought my first new car before leaving for the AF and it drove me nuts knowing it was sitting in the driveway at home!

AS the others have said, thanks for your service and be safe over there!

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
X9 Thanks for your service!

With fuel heading quickly to $4.00 a gallon, you'll be the one smiling as you drive your SE past the R/T and SRT guys sitting at the pump :indifferent:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If your tour is not up for awhile, why not wait for the 2011? it'll be a huge upgrade, and at the least it'll drive down the 2010's even further (sorry to my SE buddies!).

I bought my first new car before leaving for the AF and it drove me nuts knowing it was sitting in the driveway at home!

AS the others have said, thanks for your service and be safe over there!
I felt like I got a pretty good deal, 19k on a new 2010. My tour isn't over until August, but my leave is in March and I am driving my new Challenger from Arlington, TX to Atlanta on leave. I am looking forward to the long drive for once! Plus, I need to get a car loan established on my credit asap, because it will only help me raise my credit score and get a better term on a house when I get ready to purchase later this year.

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am more than happy to be here serving the country. Its an experience I will never forget, I get to help alot of people, and without it I wouldn't be able to afford the car... so its a win win.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts