Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im trading mt rt in tomorrow for a 16 srt. its at a honda dealer and they cant answer any question about the technical things on the car. i saw there was a code for the valet mode. is there a way to know what it is if the dealer dosent? or can it be reset?

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
They should be able to reset it at the dealership.

·
Registered
2018 Billet Silver SRT 392 (1 of 2)
145 Posts
hey guys im trading mt rt in tomorrow for a 16 srt. its at a honda dealer and they cant answer any question about the technical things on the car. i saw there was a code for the valet mode. is there a way to know what it is if the dealer dosent? or can it be reset?
I think I read in the manual that you just need to disconnect the battery for at least five minutes. At least, I think that's what it said. I just got my SRT 392 and I'm in information overload trying to read the manuals.

saint 0:)

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Yep, battery disconnect will work.

Then just put in a new code to engage. It's pretty unbelievable how it runs in Valet, they say it's 300hp but feels more like 200. Second gear starts and 4000 rpm max.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
At a Honda dealership? Someone didn’t like their car. They know nothing because it’s not their brand nor do they care at all about it, they just want your money.

·
Registered
580 Posts
First, download the owners manual from here: https://www.mopar.com/dodge/en-us/care/owners-manual.html

If the car is already in valet mode you can:
NOTE: If your 4 digit PIN is lost or forgotten, the vehicle will exit Valet Mode after a battery disconnect for approximately one minute. Reconnect the battery and cycle the ignition to the RUN position, the vehicle will be in Default Mode.

Next, download you window sticker here: https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=YOURVINHERE When the window comes up and says no window sticker available, replace YOURVINHERE in the url address with your actual full VIN, in ALL CAPS.

To enter Valet Mode press the “Valet” button on the touchscreen and a popup screen will ask you if you would like to enter Valet Mode, after selecting “Yes” you will be asked to enter a 4 digit PIN code. The PIN code is not set, so you are free to select any 4 digit numeric combination that will be easy to remember.

Valet Mode Deactivation
To exit Valet Mode you must enter the same 4 digit PIN that was used to enter the mode. The unlock keypad can be accessed by either pushing the SRT button on the faceplate, or pressing the “Valet Mode Active – Press Here to Exit” button on the touchscreen.

Valet Mode Deactivation PIN The Valet Mode Deactivation key pad will then prompt you for your 4 digit PIN code, enter your PIN code and press the “OK” button on the touchscreen. Your vehicle will return to the default state after a key cycle.

Then go here: https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=YOURVINHERE again when the error comes up VIN is incorrect, replace YOURVINHERE with you full VIN, all CAPS. This will give you your build sheet.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Definitely save the window sticker if it is available. None of my cars have the stickers available online anymore. My wife's Jeep had the sticker disappear from the web the day after we bought it. The build sheets seem to stay up for forever. Even my 2004 Ram's build sheet is still available.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts