Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2009 Hemi Orange R/T a week ago. I used to own a 2004 SRT-10 Ram, traded that for a new Cadillac ATS...that I had to lemon law 8 months after I got it, so back to dodge. Learning so much from the search feature on this forum.
Anyway, saying what's up to you good people, look forward to learning more from this community. Feels good to have a 6 speed with some power behind it again!

ImageUploadedByAG Free1399693480.327468.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1399693515.440183.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1399693544.093183.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1399693568.267082.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The SRT-10 ram was preceded by a 2005 Cadillac CTS...basically I can't decide between lux and muscle. CTS-V I guess would check both boxes. Gotta get my $ up for that dream to come true. Until then I'm really enjoying the retro-modern orange R/T I just got!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Congrats on the car, welcome to the forum and to Challenger world!

Wow, I'm surprised to hear about the ATS. But I guess every crate has a sour apple.

I kinda went through the back-and-forth in-and-out of "luxury" sedans you describe from my 2007 Chrysler 300 SRT8, to a 2012 Challenger 392 (both of which I absolutely loved), to a 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT (to which I couldn't get used to anymore), back to my current Challenger 392.

Not to say that the 2012 300 SRT was a bad car by any means. But I found out I was doing the luxury sedan thing primarily for others, not for me. I missed the Challenger so much, I just said to h*ll with others; this is my money, this is my car and this is what I want :D

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Cool mix of vehicles.

I've driven Fords, VWs, Audis, Infinitis, a Jeep and now my Challenger----Challenger is the most fun and rewarding to drive of all of them, as it has much more character.

If I were to go back to the "luxury" segment again, I'd seriously consider a new Cadillac.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats on that beautiful Challenger!

·
Registered
2012 R/T Classic
769 Posts
Congrats on your beautiful Challenger. That was a sweet truck you had too. I traded my Ram Sport for the Challenger and I still miss that truck ... Oh well, cant keep 'em all :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just said to h*ll with others; this is my money, this is my car and this is what I want :D
That is a solid attitude, I've caught some flack for the orange color from some people since I got it. The reason I love the challenger is the nostalgia retro-design. That hue of orange feels like 1970 to me and i wasn't alive back then. Complete strangers have complemented me around town, that didn't happen in the Cadillac.
Though that new ATS was balanced and fun to throw in to corners, as well as the damn fancy interior...The radio/AC wouldn't work 3 out 5 times I started the car. No volume from the radio and no control over the AC. MULTIPLE trips to the dealer and SO many rental CTS's for days on end. GM gave up after 7-8 months of that and agreed my particular ATS was a lemon. Awesome car that needed more power, ATS-V should be a hot car when they release it. ImageUploadedByAG Free1399733407.215777.jpg ImageUploadedByAG Free1399733447.013662.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,043 Posts
Cadillac has lost their way, it's not a luxury brand like it used to be.
They used to be large and plush and had status.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Welcome from GA!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
He he someone keeps peeking through the door to make sure his baby is still there.

Gotta love that color.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts