Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the market to buy another Challenger( if it doesn't get stolen again). It's been awhile since I owned one. Between a corvette and challenger. Challenger wins so far. I'd like to know a few things in advance prior to buying one. It will be an Rt. Do I also at time of purchase have Mopar performance stuff installed like exhaust and cold air intake or wait and buy aftermarket? What would y'all do differently when getting yours all over again? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
I'm in the market to buy another Challenger( if it doesn't get stolen again). It's been awhile since I owned one. Between a corvette and challenger. Challenger wins so far. I'd like to know a few things in advance prior to buying one. It will be an Rt. Do I also at time of purchase have Mopar performance stuff installed like exhaust and cold air intake or wait and buy aftermarket? What would y'all do differently when getting yours all over again? Thanks.
If you're buying a '17+ R/T you won't need to upgrade the exhaust. The 5.7s now come with the SRT style 2.75" active exhaust that's actually tuned to be louder than the 392 cars. Make sure you buy a STP (Super Track Pak) car. The best bang for your buck low cost option for these cars.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. Does it add anymore to the sticker price? I've been looking online at them and there doesn't seem to be many options. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
Super Track Pack is a $695 option and need to also have the $1,095 8.4 nav radio to get the Performance Pages.

The 2.75" active exhaust is standard.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I build one, it won't let me go pick the other 5.7l v8 with auto trans. Keeps giving me the standard engine and trans. I have bad knees and the standard tranny won't due. I tried with a mustang and it killed me. Thank GOD it wasn't my mustang.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
When I build one, it won't let me go pick the other 5.7l v8 with auto trans. Keeps giving me the standard engine and trans. I have bad knees and the standard tranny won't due. I tried with a mustang and it killed me. Thank GOD it wasn't my mustang.
Wow, that is interesting. I tried to do the same thing. Picked V8 with auto, but when you pick Super Track Package, it changes to the V8 with manual. Might need to talk to a dealer. And by the way, it is getting very close to end of ordering for the 2018MY.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
Believe the 2018 order cutoff is this Thursday.

And 2019 production doesn't even start until the end of August so gonna be a long wait if you miss it.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
I'd try to find one on somebody's lot somewhere, it's a big country and what a nice road trip THAT would be!!

Most dealers will give you better pricing from their lot because they have to move the cars and if you can find out how long it's been in their inventory that helps too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd try to find one on somebody's lot somewhere, it's a big country and what a nice road trip THAT would be!!

Most dealers will give you better pricing from their lot because they have to move the cars and if you can find out how long it's been in their inventory that helps too.
Im starting to think that. I will be looking at the end of the year maybe sooner if my obligation gets done sooner. I really don't want to build one. Rather just hit the stealerships and see what they ave on the lot and what deals they will make at end of the year.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,180 Posts
I feel bad it was your Challenger that I stole, but it was just sitting there all shiny and alone, I couldn't help myself!

Wait, or were you saying you had a Corvette stolen? :surprise:

Never mind, disregard, the Challenger is mine and always has been! I promise I bought it from a guy on eBay!! :lookaround:

·
Registered
178 Posts
In the past month, I’ve met two old guys like me (69) who traded in Corvettes for HEMI Mopars; a Challenger and a Charger.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so a brand new one from the stealership is out of the question at this time. I'm looking at used and it seems all the ones that fit my budget are either SE, SXT, or R/T's. Dont want a V6. I've found a ton of them. Now to find the right one. I'm going to maybe do some performance upgrades too.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
In the past month, I’ve met two old guys like me (69) who traded in Corvettes for HEMI Mopars; a Challenger and a Charger.
That's because the Corvette is harder to get in and out of when your 69.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Ok so a brand new one from the stealership is out of the question at this time. I'm looking at used and it seems all the ones that fit my budget are either SE, SXT, or R/T's. Dont want a V6. I've found a ton of them. Now to find the right one. I'm going to maybe do some performance upgrades too.
Ok, so you're looking for an R/T. You also want STP as an option. It will have the dark wheels as opposed to the light ones.
So find your next car. The 15+ models are really nice...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok, so you're looking for an R/T. You also want STP as an option. It will have the dark wheels as opposed to the light ones.
So find your next car. The 15+ models are really nice...
I've never heard of the STP option. What is that?

·
Registered
14,292 Posts
I've never heard of the STP option. What is that?
Super Track Pack.

Better wheels and tires and it sits lower, Bilstein shocks and Performance Pages if it also has the 8.4 radio.

Optional all years, standard equipment now for 2019.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts