Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I realize I only have a V6, but I was looking to get a little better exhaust sound. What do you all reccomend as an economical solution to accomplish this. I have seen some cat backs for $600 all the way up to the Borla ATAK at $1400. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Best option would to go on YouTube and search challenger v6 exhaust videos and see if there is anything you like. There are tons of videos and nearly all of them state what setup is being used either in the video or description.

·
Registered
31 Posts
What sound are you going for? The cat-back exhaust on my Challenger was too loud for my taste so I had it removed.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop
132 Posts
I did a mid-muffler delete and it is plenty loud and sounds great to me. I did a bolt on kit for $80.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts
I love my Solo exhaust personally

A Guy

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,429 Posts
So I realize I only have a V6, but I was looking to get a little better exhaust sound. What do you all reccomend as an economical solution to accomplish this. I have seen some cat backs for $600 all the way up to the Borla ATAK at $1400. Any input would be appreciated.
What is economical for you?

You can get a single di/do muffler to replace the two factory ones for $40-50, but you’ll need to pay someone to install it. That’s gonna be another $200-250 probably.

·
Registered
271 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Same exhaust from inside the car

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,705 Posts
Same exhaust from inside the car

Sounds a LOT better in that video, and don't want to know where, but speed was still climbing strong approaching the 140 mark.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just watch for drone issues in whatever setup you get.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
454 Posts
It's pricey but I couldn't be happier with the Borla ATAK exhaust

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also have a V6 and would like to change the tips to quad tips. However most of the ebay options are for 2008-2016, mine is 2018. I am also curious as to how the stock housing is removed?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I also have a V6 and would like to change the tips to quad tips. However most of the ebay options are for 2008-2016, mine is 2018. I am also curious as to how the stock housing is removed?
I think the stock housing there is a screw or bolt and then they should just come out. I got flowmaster dual exhausts and had them powder coated black.

Reactions: Debo

·
Registered
245 Posts
I recently saw 4 bolts holding each housing. 2 on top and 2 to the sides. The chrome "tip" has a flange on the inside of the bumper. I saw this while resonators were dropped. Gotta drop them to reach the bolts.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,695 Posts

Nothing has changed 2016 to 2021 (as far as V6 exhaust tips are concerned)

A Guy

Reactions: Debo

·
Registered
2020 Challenger SXT Frostbite
77 Posts
Brian, welcome to the forum.
Exaust sound on our pentastar V6's can be very subjective to ones ears.
Ideally the way to tell in my opinion is to actually ride in a V6 Challenger that has had exaust mods done.
Yes, easier said than done.
On U-tube there is a channel, EXAUST ADDICTS. They do lots of exaust mods on V6 Challengers and Chargers.
You can get a basic feel for sound outside the cars but not actual sound in the car.
"DRONE" is the term used for sound level in the car. There's where the subjectivity comes into play for sound.
I would start with Exaust Addict videos on newer challengers. These guys are in Nashville Tennessee.
I recently called there and talked to Tim, one of the main installers and discussed with him an exaust mod I tried with my 2020 SXT and not happy with the noise in the car. He was very helpful and offered an inexpensive option for me.
Good luck with what ever you do and please keep all of us posted.

Jim..................

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
And you don’t “only” have a V6. You have an awesome ride there, Brian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
And you don’t “only” have a V6. You have an awesome ride there, Brian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10000%

1 - 19 of 19 Posts