Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello. I'm new to the forum and a new owner of a 2018 SXT. 21,000 miles and the only extras (so far) is a remote start and tinted windows. I do want to make it breath better though and was considering going with a Hellcat lower and filter and the headlight tube. Will this fit a 2018 sxt and is it really worth it?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,766 Posts
Welcome from California ;) It won't hurt. I doubt you'd feel much difference, but it will add cool air and will fit your 2018

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from California ;) It won't hurt. I doubt you'd feel much difference, but it will add cool air and will fit your 2018

A Guy
What about your AirRaid CAI? Any noticeable difference? BTW I really love this car as is. Wouldn't mind a little more grunt though.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,766 Posts
In sound, I didn't notice any more power. I already had the Solo exhaust when I added the AirAid, so the sound just got deeper, but an AirAid with stock exhaust, you'll hear more intake noise. I'm not saying addons add zero to the Pentastar, but very little if any

A Guy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In sound, I didn't notice any more power. I already had the Solo exhaust when I added the AirAid, so the sound just got deeper, but an AirAid with stock exhaust, you'll hear more intake noise. I'm not saying addons add zero to the Pentastar, but very little if any

A Guy
Thank you for the info. I've been reading this forum since I bought my car in January and your posts are very informative. I think I will just enjoy my car as is. Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,766 Posts
My opinion, for what it's worth, anything you add, add because you like it...the looks, the sound, the lift the hood oooh and ahhh, whatever. Chasing more power is possible, but at quite a cost. After it's out of warranty, get a 91 octane tune if you want...still pricey, but some power you will feel. A peddle Commander is supposed to give a nice effect, even if no actual added power.

I went appearance, even the exhaust was just for sound, and the tips. Lowering not for handling, but the look. Tint is for appearance. Once others get by "only a V6itis", if the car is clean and well done, parked next to some big V8 power, it will still shine

I really like the look of the AirAid, plus a lifetime filter, and with my stock air tube painted, it's a great combo IMHO

A Guy

Reactions: tywake
1 - 9 of 9 Posts