Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am new here. I am trying to decide if a Challenger is for me and will be needing your help and advice. If I do one I am currently thinking about a rt scat pack mostly, maybe an srt. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,112 Posts
Welcome from California ;) I can wholeheartedly endorse any Challenger :D

A Guy

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi everyone. I am new here. I am trying to decide if a Challenger is for me and will be needing your help and advice. If I do one I am currently thinking about a rt scat pack mostly, maybe an srt. Thanks.
I bought my 2016 SRT 392 last July and have thoroughly enjoyed it. The SRT is loaded with features that makes it a very impressive car overall. My Challenger has the 6 speed manual tranmission that enhances the driving experience for me but it's not for everyone.
What do you plan to do with your Challanger? Will it just be a "fun" car that you take out occasionally in fair weather (as mine is) or will it be you primary mode of tranportation?

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought my 2016 SRT 392 last July and have thoroughly enjoyed it. The SRT is loaded with features that makes it a very impressive car overall. My Challenger has the 6 speed manual tranmission that enhances the driving experience for me but it's not for everyone.
What do you plan to do with your Challanger? Will it just be a "fun" car that you take out occasionally in fair weather (as mine is) or will it be you primary mode of tranportation?
It will be my only mode of transportation and a daily driver, even in NY winters.

I have never seen the color you have. Looks real nice and unique too.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
2,723 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

My advice is that if you like the looks and size of the Challenger and have to drive in the winter, I'd recommend a GT AWD one with some good winter tires. You still have the looks of the Challenger while still maintaining the functionality for any season.

Now, if it was a once in a while driven, nice weather only car, then I can Highly recommend the SRT 392. If you're trying to get a good bang for your buck (and FCA rebates too), then a Scat Pack might be the way to go.

It's a hard decision and good luck!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :cheers:

My advice is that if you like the looks and size of the Challenger and have to drive in the winter, I'd recommend a GT AWD one with some good winter tires. You still have the looks of the Challenger while still maintaining the functionality for any season.

Now, if it was a once in a while driven, nice weather only car, then I can Highly recommend the SRT 392. If you're trying to get a good bang for your buck (and FCA rebates too), then a Scat Pack might be the way to go.

It's a hard decision and good luck!
I'm with Freddy here. While most of old timers learned to drive on RWD cars, and drove them all winter (studded snow tires, weight in the trunk, etc...), most of us didn't do it with 485 HP, or even 375 in the R/T. Keeping the rear end of a RWD Challenger behind the front end, on icy, snow, slushy roads is the ultimate exercise of throttle discipline and requires a level of concentration that frankly makes driving it in the winter less than pleasant. Get a GT and second set of wheels with good snow tires. You'll turn heads driving a muscle car in the winter and put your summer tires on and turn heads the rest of the year. Also, consider the color, because all that salt and winter slop looks like crap on a black or dark colored car. Octane red is forgiving if road schmutz as is Silver.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts