Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never had a car with traction control. My car accelerates like a beast in a straight line, but I noticed this morning while turning out of my apartment complex from a dead stop, I jumped on it and the tires started to slip,traction control kicked in but the engine bogged dowm sputtered, then took off. It has happened a few times only when im turning and jump on it. I turn off the traction control and of course it braks loose as expected. Is it because of the traction control or should I have the car checked out? Its a 2010 with 16,000 miles on it and an automatic.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
That's part of how traction control works, the throttle is electronic and when traction control kicks in it will cut the throttle, apply brakes to the spinning wheel, etc until it feels like the car is back under control. It's normal. :)

Reactions: USRWDV8 and Djack

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
That's just the way it works. I'd drive with it on just to keep the beast under control but once I find a quiet street where nobody is around....

Cheers!

Reactions: Djack

·
Premium Member
4,034 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
I hate the feeling of Traction Control, I turn it off on any car I drive. I turn it off on my SXT everyday even during the winter, and the R/Ts and SRTs I've driven. lol HATE THE FEELING OF IT.
Will drive with it off with the SRT i hope to get during the summer..

Shifty

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Ever driven one of those dual-controls cars, like during driver's ed? The car slows down as you step on the gas, you wonder what's happening and you realize that the guy in the passenger seat is applying the brakes? It's like that and it's heinous. Especially because HAL is blind, is not a human, and knows nothing of what fun is, what your intentions are or what is going on around you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts