Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was reading various threads on catch cans and was ready to buy one. One thread response mentioned "All Angels Design", well I googled them and discovered they made one but wasn't released yet. I emailed them and the guy gave sent me a flyer on the their AOS. He asked for me to keep to myself but that a shipment would would arrive at Speedlogix in a day or two. I talked with Speedlogix and set up a pre-order and a few days later I have it. So I have it 90% installed and it took sometime to adjust it just the way I want it but I ran into a problem with the supplied hoses. Ok so a dap of motor oil did the trick and the hoses went on just fine.

Speedlogix AAD Billet Oil Catch Can

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
WOW!

What a can! Wish I knew about this unit, I've already cancelled one that I had ordered from same vendor that I was waiting for over two months just fell through the cracks so, I cancelled and reordered another through someone else.

David

·
Vendor
5,656 Posts
I was reading various threads on catch cans and was ready to buy one. One thread response mentioned "All Angels Design", well I googled them and discovered they made one but wasn't released yet. I emailed them and the guy gave sent me a flyer on the their AOS. He asked for me to keep to myself but that a shipment would would arrive at Speedlogix in a day or two. I talked with Speedlogix and set up a pre-order and a few days later I have it. So I have it 90% installed and it took sometime to adjust it just the way I want it but I ran into a problem with the supplied hoses. They sent 1/2 inch but the stock PCV hoses appear to be larger diameter and thinner. I have pictures of my install but need to learn how to post them.

Speedlogix AAD Billet Oil Catch Can

Thanks again, and the can looks great! Give us a call 888-SPD-LOGX tomorrow or email [email protected] and we can help you with the hose aspect. :)

·
Premium Member
10,174 Posts
What a can! Wish I knew about this unit, I've already cancelled one that I had ordered from same vendor that I was waiting for over two months just fell through the cracks so, I cancelled and reordered another through someone else.

David
Hey David,

Your order never fell through the cracks - we had it on order with Billet Technology the whole time and never charged you for it :)

When we spoke on the phone when you called asking about it was that you had forgotten that you ordered the can through us and had just found the receipt but that you were able to get a different can from another vendor. Which is perfectly fine - but I just wanted to clear up that it did not fall through the cracks at Speedlogix in anyway :)

Also - we had not gotten these cans in yet so that is why you had not heard about it. We just got these in this week :)

Mikey

·
Vendor
5,656 Posts
Didn't have my coffee this morning, just needed a dab of motor oil on each end of the hoses. All done and pictures updated.:grinbiginvert:
Good deal, and thanks for the pics! Gonna use them in our store if that is okay with you. :)

Lisa.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put on about fifty miles with the catch can installed and decided to check it since I took the car in for its first oil change. I found about half a teaspoon of oil in it. Also its very quick and easy to remove the bottom half. Just push up and twist, same for putting it on.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Is this a better design then the Billet Catch can?

·
Registered
9,302 Posts
Looks pretty nice, and with some good features, but.............I'm not giving up my carbon fiber Hemi Orange engine cover for a catch can.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is this a better design then the Billet Catch can?

All Angles Design Air/Oil Separators

http://www.allanglesdesign.com/Portals/0/images/AllAngles/AOS/HEMI_AOS_Installation.pdf

http://www.allanglesdesign.com/Portals/0/BlogFiles/CCV_Bible.pdf

I would say yes but I'm bias...I bought and installed this based on all the above. Try and get any real info on the BT design and look closer at those cheap air compressor fittings they charge an arm and a leg for. I priced a BT can and it would have cost me $196 with standard hoses, plus shipping. It was all black with a Mopar engraving.

After thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that I wanted something designed, engineered and tested for my HEMI VS a machine shop that makes billet parts with cheap air hose connectors. Yeah it cost more and that is a turn off for many for something that is pretty simple in terms of design but not all designs are created equal.

Buy the one you like and feel is worth the money. Just do your homework so you can buy with confidence and no buyers remorse.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am super bummed did not know I couldn't use my valve cover when installed. Anyone figure out a way to do it yet? I bought some plastic 90 degree elbows and am going to try again this weekend. this thing better be bad ass, cause so far its been a pain.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts