Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got the plastic caliper covers.. they are red and my braking is so much better, cause red ones stop better.

Now I'm thinking hey since my car is blue and my stripes are white, and I've been thinking of extending the stripes to the front bumper and down to the radiator support.

Hmm if I get these
2011 Dodge Challenger 392 HEMI fender emblem, OEM Mopar - eBay (item 310296245997 end time Feb-21-11 16:32:55 PST)

and change the 392 to a 3.49 with a four and some paint or a 3.39 by buying more than one, or flip the 9 and get a 3.6 or trim the flipped 9 and get a 3.5, or work with me now, just do a 3.62 and tell everyone the engine is punched .30 over. News falsh, I could just drop the decimal off and the engine would be 362 centiliters!!!!!
Heck the new badge trend, should all call for the engine to be called a 349 , yep it is 349.7 centiliters +/- a little bit for carbon buildup.
Well I'd have a SRT 6.4 look alike for um say $150.00:scratchhead: and we all know the stickers will improve the cars handling, cause hemi stickers handle better. Plus the extending the front stripe to the bumper will help on down force.

http://www.plumcrazychallenger.com/2011_Challenger.html

I mean just check the DWB one out it almost yells squat and mean. BTW I think the rear stripe over the bumper and a cutout for the plate looks BAD as in bad, not as in good, like I understand Dodge is cheap and this 6.4 and all but Dodge can't paint the license plate pocket??? Dunno it looks corny.

and no, the white seat are not on sale yet. and no I can't afford the square tip Corsa exhaust to finish the ensem'ble in the rear but that is the best exhaust so far for the SE in every way and to my old eyes looks just like the 6.4.
2009-2010 Dodge Challenger Exhaust System - Exhaust - Corsa 09-10 Challenger Exhaust System - 30139-03009026 - PartsGeek

2009-2010 Dodge Challenger Exhaust System - Exhaust - Corsa 09-10 Challenger Exhaust System - 30139-03009026 - PartsGeek

of course I'd have to toss this on the back spoiler from Nate:
(pic comming soon)

maybe Nate could make me a real 3.49 to fit right above the "hemi":scratchhead: Can you imagine if I bolted in a 4.0??? I could have a 4.00 or a 3.95 which is bigger and more powerful vs a 392 right.:guiness:

so letme go over the list again,
DWB... check
White seats... soon
Big 349 centiliter "Hemi" stickers... sub $100
Red Brembo plastic callipers... check
Nate's SE 6 sticker better than SRT sticker on back... check
extend white stripe over front bumper.... sub $100
Corsa exhaust... in my dreams
extend strip over the rear bumper... um heck no
actual hemi motor under the hood.. check

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think you forgot extra guages, those are guaranteed to add top speed, esp if you calibrate them +25/50mph more. Also large tires, esp drag radials. YOU try burn out on drag radials while dry. And speed holes, just use your old revolver or just saw out a big hole and have something stick out. Nothing says performance like a huge hoodscoop blower looking thing.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think you forgot extra guages,those are guaranteed to add top speed, esp if you calibrate them +25/50mph more
I would but the 392 has no extra gauges, but you are correct gauges always help to go faster.

Also large tires, esp drag radials. YOU try burn out on drag radials while dry.
tried them on my Camaro and my 440, they don't really cut it, real slicks.

And speed holes, just use your old revolver or just saw out a big hole and have something stick out.:scratchhead: Nothing says performance like a huge hoodscoop blower looking thing.
Yeh, and you forgot jacking up the rear as I'll be going down hill both ways, hence faster and better MPG.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm not following you here.

Although, I did put an Airforce emblem and licenseplate bracket out back. I bet that pushes the car faster to an equivilent 20hp.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I'm not following you here.

Although, I did put an Airforce emblem and licenseplate bracket out back. I bet that pushes the car faster to an equivilent 20hp.
Aim High LOL hmm might be before your time...dunno
got the retired USAF window banner on my back window...I think that coupled with turbo stickers is good for at least 30 HP

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Aim High LOL hmm might be before your time...dunno
got the retired USAF window banner on my back window...I think that coupled with turbo stickers is good for at least 30 HP

Nah, always been an Air Force fan since I was a kid and have two step-sons in active duty now. One is in Misawa Japan loading up munitions on F16's, the other is still in tech training at Keesler for an IT related job (Cyber Transport).

Ooo.... some nice like, Dodge Shadow "Turbo" emblems? or even better, I saw some Porsche 911 still "Turbo" emblems on a Mazda-3.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did almost forget that the 392 has stripes OVER the roof, this has to have some sort of down force or channel effect on the car. I'm more of the channel effect as the stripes over the room help direct the air current kinda like the tail of an airplane. I'd put them on my car but sorry I'm old school here, ONLY MUSTANGS should ever, ever, ever have stripes over the roof. Sorry, they should be ripped off and stomped on if ever put on any other car.:fight:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I did almost forget that the 392 has stripes OVER the roof, this has to have some sort of down force or channel effect on the car. I'm more of the channel effect as the stripes over the room help direct the air current kinda like the tail of an airplane. I'd put them on my car but sorry I'm old school here, ONLY MUSTANGS should ever, ever, ever have stripes over the roof. Sorry, they should be ripped off and stomped on if ever put on any other car.:fight:
Never liked stripes on roofs either.

You know what I hate? those silly rear quarter panel/ bumper area stripe bands on Dodge ram trucks. and Dodge ram trucks that have "Daytona" all over them. Factory rice.

:fight:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Nah, always been an Air Force fan since I was a kid and have two step-sons in active duty now. One is in Misawa Japan loading up munitions on F16's, the other is still in tech training at Keesler for an IT related job (Cyber Transport).

Ooo.... some nice like, Dodge Shadow "Turbo" emblems? or even better, I saw some Porsche 911 still "Turbo" emblems on a Mazda-3.
Hey now I had a 87 Shadow ES turbo. that thing really moved...and yes the turbo stickers on the hood bulge where good for extra HP :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hey now I had a 87 Shadow ES turbo. that thing really moved...and yes the turbo stickers on the hood bulge where good for extra HP :thumbsup:

Those cars were awsome! I liked all of the Mopar/Shelby 2.2 Turbo cars. The later Shadows with the VNT turbos were monsters for the day.

Then came the Spirit and Daytona R/T turbos, with 224hp of DOHC Turbo goodness. Pushed those cars to mid 6 second 0-60! Or heck, those Turbo'd K cars! what, the Chrystler 600 with the 142hp of turbo goodness.

I would love to own a mint Dodge Shelby GLHS. With the Turbo II motor, those things had 175hp in a little Omni. again, mid 6 second ranges.

I love the 80's pocket rockets.

Ok, screw you all, I'm not getting another oversized boat of a Challenger I'm getting myself a small turbo car!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!
Like, a Dodge Colt Turbo! and then I'm gonna mod it and take out all those R/Ts!!! YEAH!
:fight: :redcap: :bigthumb: :werd:

·
Registered
232 Posts
My dad had an 85 Chrysler Laser (dodge daytona). They were crazy little buggers. His Speedo maxed out at 85MPH, so it was pegged all the time! Only thing about the turbos is longevity.

Those cars were awsome! I liked all of the Mopar/Shelby 2.2 Turbo cars. The later Shadows with the VNT turbos were monsters for the day.

Then came the Spirit and Daytona R/T turbos, with 224hp of DOHC Turbo goodness. Pushed those cars to mid 6 second 0-60! Or heck, those Turbo'd K cars! what, the Chrystler 600 with the 142hp of turbo goodness.

I would love to own a mint Dodge Shelby GLHS. With the Turbo II motor, those things had 175hp in a little Omni. again, mid 6 second ranges.

Ok, screw you all, I'm not getting another oversized boat of a Challenger I'm getting myself a small turbo car!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!
Like, a Dodge Colt Turbo! and then I'm gonna mod it and take out all those R/Ts!!! YEAH!
:fight: :redcap: :bigthumb: :werd:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I had the "turbo" ID'd splash guards as well so mine really moved.
Also had the Direct Connection turbo boost computer added in.
Thing was about the size of a briefcase and plugged in behind the passenger kicker panel.
Had the goodyear gatorback tires that where like glue on the road.
Even had the rotating red lighted license plate frame...oh man LOL.

Saw a Shelby Shadow CSX on Barret Jackson a couple months back...went for like $24K I think

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
They had a problem with the waste gate aka VNT getting carbon crusted. Also a good running 1 bar Mopar upgrade response was near instant, this is a non crossflow head the turbo sits right under the TB intake manifold. Even on the intercooled –S for some more
The GoLikeHelss were near instant in response due to the short track and far less prone to heat soak vs the their number one nemisis of the time the Grand Nationals.

There were two types of heads produces Maserati produced the better head and that came for sure on the TownCar. But had a cracking problem especially when overheated. It was a glorious head.

The R/T came from Lotus head on the turbo III.

Mopar (Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth) 2.2 turbo engines - description, repairs, and more

I don’t know much about that setup.

I owned not one but two of these, I purchased both from original owners, both owners gave me the history of the cars and insisted the cars were 100% OEM stock. Both cars had the 205 HP eprom in them. Funny thing about the GLH-S was the stock speedo ended at 85 MPH and there was a piece of tape for the rest of the speedo.

On an average day the GLH-S was as fast or faster thru the gears vs a Grand National. The GN in Hawaii and Texas had a bad heat soak problem. At night with the intercooler ice down the GN was much faster at the track.

The ride was brutal, even on full soft. The dodge electronics were so poor the car would roast something every year. The shifter even though it was an advance cable design is one of the worst on the planets, yep all planets. But street fighting 2 and 4bbl 5.0 Mustangs and my absolute favorite was the M3 4 banger BMW, was so fun, toss in the Scirroco and CRX SI, which were total candy. Nothing was better than trolling the street with a modified GLH-S.

I got a funny story, the Shelby club in Hawaii would never let me it, they (Mustang and Cobra) guys were the only true "Shelby" owners. Even though many of the Cobras were kits. LOL. Shelby and his smoking hot daughter Sharon
Anne (don't get any ideas guys as she wants only me) came down for a show and shine. I came in to have him sign my GLH-S, when my turn came Carol asked “is that a genuine GLH-S?” I said yes sir. He says “best car I ever made”. There was a gasp from the crowd. LOL in your face!!! Anyway the GLH-S were true Shelby creations while most Mustangs were not.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so I'm at the local shop and I'm having them dyno tune my 2.16 liter DOHC VTEC 9200 RPM Type R sleeper engine in my rice troller, and they know I show up with an SE, and subject to all the racer teasing as this is a ricer shop the boss says (guess he was concerned about the teasing of my Muscle car):

See this, I can have it install on your SE by next weeks track open...:guiness:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
so I'm at the local shop and I'm having them dyno tune my 2.16 liter DOHC VTEC 9200 RPM Type R sleeper engine in my rice troller, and they know I show up with an SE, and subject to all the racer teasing as this is a ricer shop the boss says (guess he was concerned about the teasing of my Muscle car):

See this, I can have it install on your SE by next weeks track open...:guiness:

Hahaha! Brilliant!

Great info on the Tubo Mopars too! That stuff gets the nostalga juice flowing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts