Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my '16 Scat Pack Shaker 10 days ago.
love the car.. but... I think I have a tire, or rotor issue.. most noticed at highway speeds.. press the brake at like 65 mph.. feels like I'm hitting rumble strips.. I hate to go to the dealer and have them look at it.. its under warranty, and not only that.. its SUPPOSED to be a Dodge Certified Used vehicle... and on that paperwork, it references the tires and brakes.. but the last time I had a dealer look into a brake problem, they gave me the typical "its brakes, a wearable item, not covered".. and 10 days after buying the car, ill be.. ummmm. upset to be kind if I gotta shell out significant cash for brakes.. 16,000 miles on the car.
the interior wasn't all that clean, and the engine bay was FILTHY.. leaves, dirt, you name it.. (ill be honest, I almost walked, but I wanted the car.. never seen a dealer not clean the engine bay...)
so, here's some pics of the ride.. oh.. for some reason, I cant find these exact wheels on dodge's website.. the look like stock wheels for a scat pack, but they are a little different.

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
those look a lot like Charger AWD wheels.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if that's true, that kinda sucks.. cuz I'm gonna want to get the scat pack wheels..

·
Registered
486 Posts
if that's true, that kinda sucks.. cuz I'm gonna want to get the scat pack wheels..
Yours do look like the standard Scat Pack wheel(WR2) but slightly different. Must be an after market wheel,
WR2 Wheels.jpg
Then there's the optional WRT wheel...
WRT Wheel.jpg
The WRT's are light weight forged and are not cheap.

·
Premium Member
9,372 Posts
just got my '16 Scat Pack Shaker 10 days ago.
love the car.. but... I think I have a tire, or rotor issue.. most noticed at highway speeds.. press the brake at like 65 mph.. feels like I'm hitting rumble strips.. I hate to go to the dealer and have them look at it.. its under warranty, and not only that.. its SUPPOSED to be a Dodge Certified Used vehicle... and on that paperwork, it references the tires and brakes.. but the last time I had a dealer look into a brake problem, they gave me the typical "its brakes, a wearable item, not covered".. and 10 days after buying the car, ill be.. ummmm. upset to be kind if I gotta shell out significant cash for brakes.. 16,000 miles on the car.
the interior wasn't all that clean, and the engine bay was FILTHY.. leaves, dirt, you name it.. (ill be honest, I almost walked, but I wanted the car.. never seen a dealer not clean the engine bay...)
so, here's some pics of the ride.. oh.. for some reason, I cant find these exact wheels on dodge's website.. the look like stock wheels for a scat pack, but they are a little different.
Obviously, it's certified but never inspected. I'd go raise hell there.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Obviously, it's certified but never inspected. I'd go raise hell there.
they still owe me a key fob. when I bring it in for the fob, I'm going to arrange for service on the brakes.
if they don't service the brakes under some kind of warranty, ill go the route of leaving the proper review(s), and\or email dodge.. unless our resident Dodge assistance on our forum would care to contact me and\or chime in with any wisdom.

·
Premium Member
9,372 Posts
Or if given a hard time call Dodge directly and say you believe you bought a car claimed to be inspected and certified and believe it was never actually inspected and gone over.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,882 Posts
Yeah, I love it when dealers use that phrase "certified", it doesn't mean anything to most places. Just a snazzy term to lure in new customers. Yep, those are the exact wheels I had on my 2012 Yellow Jacket SRT8.

·
Registered
515 Posts
interesting.. so SRT wheels on my scat pack.. ok I'm just gonna consider that an upgrade LMAO thanks
A little bit older SRT wheels. 2014ish SRT Core. Previous owner might have traded for or bought them cause he liked them or there could have been an issue with the stock wheels. Did you get a carfax by any chance?

Either way, they should take care of the brake issue.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A little bit older SRT wheels. 2014ish SRT Core. Previous owner might have traded for or bought them cause he liked them or there could have been an issue with the stock wheels. Did you get a carfax by any chance?

Either way, they should take care of the brake issue.

they promised me a car fax.. but to be honest, I forgot about it cuz the financing crap wasn't done until after midnight when we bought it.. I was exhausted after 9 hours of standing my ground on price.

·
Registered
515 Posts
they promised me a car fax.. but to be honest, I forgot about it cuz the financing crap wasn't done until after midnight when we bought it.. I was exhausted after 9 hours of standing my ground on price.

Dealers like it when you are there that long, wears you down. I would follow up and get one, even you have to obtain one yourself.

Not original wheels, and the breaking problem you are having, something could have happened to the car. Don't want to worry you, could be nothing but while there are some good dealers out there many of them are scumbags.

·
Registered
14,294 Posts
think these would fit on the scat pack?
I'm preparing for the dealer to tell me I gotta pay for the brake issue.. IF they tell me that, ill buy the parts and do it myself.
Dodge Challenger Mopar Performance Brake Kit (Part No: P5160048)
No, won't work. You've got the Brembo 4-piston system, code BR4, has to be for BR4 brakes.

Not sure they are warped anyway, maybe a clean up and a good bed in will get them smooth again.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No, won't work. You've got the Brembo 4-piston system, code BR4, has to be for BR4 brakes.

Not sure they are warped anyway, maybe a clean up and a good bed in will get them smooth again.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

thanks for the info

·
Registered
486 Posts
If you've had the car for only 2 weeks, there's no way in hell you should be responsible for brake related problems!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts