Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys first post. I have a new challenger rt sitting on the stock 18 by 7.5 rims. ive read on this forum that some guys where able to put the 295 45 18 tires on that size. please if you did let me know because im ready to place the order I just need to make sure they fit if not how about spacers? please any input is good thank you guys

·
Registered
504 Posts
It depends on the tire, but the specs for that rim will allow a 255 tire. You will be hard pressed to get a business to mount the tire to that size rim.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks im just reading that tire combination.is.possible with no promblem. Anyone has the setup?

·
Vendor
12,215 Posts
absolutelly not recommended
Luke

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I've heard some guys claim 265/50R18 is just barely in the safe recommended width for the 7.5 wide rim. If you want 295/45R18 and want to do it properly you're gonna have to get some aftermarket 18s that are at least 9.5 inch wide.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, i just read on the forum that it was.possible but thanks for the input guys i appreciate it so whats the.widdest? 275?

·
Registered
536 Posts
265 is the limit on the stock 18, be safe go with a 255 or get wider wheels. A few extra mm is not worth dying for.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Is it possible to rob a bank and get away with it? Yes. Is it smart? No.
I would be surprised if you could find a place to install those. It's just an unsafe combo. Srt8 rims you possibly could get away with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts