Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No the new Corvette isn't mine. Last night I was at the daughters house and got to see and ride in my son in laws new convertible Grand Sport Corvette. We took it out on Woodward Ave. for a drive and I have to say that's one hell of a fast car. I was amazed at how well that thing hooks up although with tires that wide I guess it should. I was really impressed with the magnetic ride and how well that thing turns. Wow! Its a very impressive car but as strange as it sounds I was very happy to get back into my scat for the ride home. The Corvette is a great toy but I wouldn't want to have to ride in it very long. On the way home I noticed Woodward already had cars out cruising and meeting up in some of the parking lots including an orange Demon that must have been out looking for some action. He drove next to me for a while but I didn't see anybody that wanted any part of him or maybe they were just smart enough to not street race on Woodward. Way to many people and cops out there for that. But it was a great night for cruising and reaffirming just how much I love my Scat Pack Challenger!

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
This is one big advantage the new Camaros and Vettes have on us, they hook pretty damn hard on the stock tires. I've had a few runs with both from a roll and it was very even, ran quicker than them all though at the drag strip with very similar trap speeds, but on a street dig it would be a challenge as the surface isn't as sticky.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't believe how well it hooked on an uneven and bad street surface. Absolutely no spin. My scat would have lost traction and smoked the tires without a doubt. I'm not sure what kind and what size the tires were as I didn't get to look at them close but they looked like some kind of drag radials. I know I wouldn't want to drive those in the rain. Its a $90000 rocket for sure. I've never driven a Hellcat and wonder how they would stack up against each other? I'm sure at some point he will find out since Woodward is a road he drives daily.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
A Hellcat would whoop one pretty good - assuming traction - at least one of the regular V8 models anyway seeing as how they are the same as a 392.

Were you in a Z06 or just a regular Stingray? I've driven both a M7 and A8 Z06 and they don't accelerate quite as hard as a Hellcat, but they are amazing cars no doubt!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A Hellcat would whoop one pretty good - assuming traction - at least one of the regular V8 models anyway seeing as how they are the same as a 392.

Were you in a Z06 or just a regular Stingray? I've driven both a M7 and A8 Z06 and they don't accelerate quite as hard as a Hellcat, but they are amazing cars no doubt!
It was a Grand Sport, convertible and I'm pretty sure it was loaded with just about every option. G.M. claims a 3.6 0-60 time so I think it would be a fun race. It may only have 460hp but its a lot lighter and sticks so good. I think the hellcat driver would have to be a good driver and have good tires. I bet there are videos out there of them racing but I haven't looked up any and so many of the videos are bs anyways that I don't watch too many of them. Although I don't race anymore but I still like to see a good race and I think they would match up pretty good. I did try to educate my son in law on how to tell the difference between a Hellcat and a Demon just incase he does pick a fight. He's not ready to fight Demons yet. Also told him to be careful with a 1LE Camaro. The Corvette was his dream car since childhood like the Challenger was mine. I'm glad these cars are still around so we can all drive our dream cars before they vanish or are forced to become all electric. Nothing like the rumble of a big V8 or the wine of a supercharger.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
It was a Grand Sport, convertible and I'm pretty sure it was loaded with just about every option. G.M. claims a 3.6 0-60 time so I think it would be a fun race. It may only have 460hp but its a lot lighter and sticks so good. I think the hellcat driver would have to be a good driver and have good tires. I bet there are videos out there of them racing but I haven't looked up any and so many of the videos are bs anyways that I don't watch too many of them. Although I don't race anymore but I still like to see a good race and I think they would match up pretty good. I did try to educate my son in law on how to tell the difference between a Hellcat and a Demon just incase he does pick a fight. He's not ready to fight Demons yet. Also told him to be careful with a 1LE Camaro. The Corvette was his dream car since childhood like the Challenger was mine. I'm glad these cars are still around so we can all drive our dream cars before they vanish or are forced to become all electric. Nothing like the rumble of a big V8 or the wine of a supercharger.
Our 392 A8s will do high 3 second 0-60s with traction, and the Hellcat does high 2's! You do need drag radials do to those numbers, but that's all really. Why shouldn't we have traction when they do? :)

Agreed on all counts about these great times we are living in if you love fast cars, who would have though the horsepower wars would get this busy again? I love our big gas motors and how cheap they can be had nowadays, but I don;t dislike the new electric stuff. I do think it is a little over-hyped, especially considering the price(we are though, at the beginning of that technology) but mostly because of the righteousness of the (most of the time)******-bag owners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts