Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, finally got the video put together from our second test day at CMP at the end of January. This is the 6.4L SRT8 that we pulled all the interior out of - well over 500 pounds worth - and were running on the spec. Continental race tires.

Exhaust is stock with mufflers removed but resonators and cats in place - no other modifications to the car or suspension. It really drove well and it was amazing how much difference removing the weight made. Handling balance remained similar, but the limits were higher everywhere.

Special thanks to Hal Copple (forum member) for coming out and letting us use some of his video equipment.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Awesome Mikah!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We will be bringing the actual race car to the Challengerfest event in April - hope some of you guys can make it out and maybe even go for a ride on the Autocross course. Going to be fun stuff!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice but could we see the vid without the music, please?
Probably not of this video, but the next one will have less (or no) music. We got a new piece of sound hardware specifically designed to eliminate wind noise and capture hi quality audio in a demanding, high ambient noise environment.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Very cool video..I checked out the Atlantic Autosport site and I'm curious about the rims that are on this car.

Can you throw us some details please?

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very cool video..I checked out the Atlantic Autosport site and I'm curious about the rims that are on this car.

Can you throw us some details please?
Sure thing - they are Mustang FR500 replica wheels - 18x10 all the way around and 22mm offset. We bought these off eBay from OE Wheels Distributors (oewheelsllc) for about $600. You will need to run a 1/4" spacer and the rears may need a little "cleaning up" of either the rear hub flange or the inside of the wheel center bore to clear. Then, the lug studs are going to be marginal at best as far as length - longer would really be better but that's not a quick and easy upgrade.

Anyway, hope that helps - they are kinda heavy (23lbs each) but they look okay and held up to the little bit of abuse we dished them. Can't beat the price!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts