2014 SRT Core
8,527 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice!

What are you thoughts on it's handling so far compared to your RX-8?
I’m surprised how responsive it is. The RX-8 had an even weight distribution due to the placement of the engine so it could take a corner at high speed but it didn’t have the power behind it. The Challenger feels like a good weight distribution also but has a ton more power and torque than the RX-8. I’m really enjoying the weight of the Challenger. I just can’t take a corner as fast. But I haven’t really pushed the Challenger yet either.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome from San Diego!

·
Registered
607 Posts
Very nice!

What are you thoughts on it's handling so far compared to your RX-8?
PraiseV8, you beat me to it. I was going to ask the same question.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I’m surprised how responsive it is. The RX-8 had an even weight distribution due to the placement of the engine so it could take a corner at high speed but it didn’t have the power behind it. The Challenger feels like a good weight distribution also but has a ton more power and torque than the RX-8. I’m really enjoying the weight of the Challenger. I just can’t take a corner as fast. But I haven’t really pushed the Challenger yet either.
Congrats! Nice looking ride.
I hope you take a few days to get used to the Challenger, before pushing the corners too hard.

I can only imagine how differently the Challenger feels vs the RX-8.

I would love to hear more of your thoughts/opinions, once you get some seat time in the Challenger.

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's a MAJOR upgrade in torque! Enjoy! (and don't forget to take off that yellow shipping guard ;))
Thanks! I only have 100 miles on it and haven’t taken it off yet. I was glad today as I scraped a curb not realizing the size of the car. A little different than parking the RX-8. I think I’ll wait a week or two before I take off the guard. 🙂

1 - 20 of 25 Posts