Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went from the Stock 20x9s and put on a set of 20x9s in the front and 20x10.5 in the rears. The tires are 275/40/20s and 305/35/20s all Mickey Thompson Street Comp. I noticed after I got them put on last night that my alignment is off, the car veers to the left slightly.

1st question: Does anyone know the rated tire pressure on these tires? The tire place set them to 36 PSI, and I noticed one is 34 PSI. I have tire stickers on the tires and im not sure if I can find the normal tire pressure posted on the tire. I tried to google it but no luck.

2nd question: Not really a question but I was gonna get it realigned on saturday, do you guys think the tire pressure could cause this veering? I also am somewhat confused, I wouldnt think swapping the wheels could cause this.

Thank you.

IMG_20180306_215227_785.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
IMO that is not enough of a PSI difference to result in any kind of handling difference. I'm sure those tires have a recommended 32 psi cold inflation, and running 35-37 is just fine IMHO...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO that is not enough of a PSI difference to result in any kind of handling difference. I'm sure those tires have a recommended 32 psi cold inflation, and running 35-37 is just fine IMHO...
Any thoughts on the Alignment issue?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(Not to Jack Your Thread But)You selling your old 20x9s?
Still thinking about that. It would be for high dollar probably. They have nearly brand new tires on them. You probably wouldnt want to pay what I want, Ill put them on Ebay.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
I went from the Stock 20x9s and put on a set of 20x9s in the front and 20x10.5 in the rears. The tires are 275/40/20s and 305/35/20s all Mickey Thompson Street Comp. I noticed after I got them put on last night that my alignment is off, the car veers to the left slightly.

1st question: Does anyone know the rated tire pressure on these tires? The tire place set them to 36 PSI, and I noticed one is 34 PSI. I have tire stickers on the tires and im not sure if I can find the normal tire pressure posted on the tire. I tried to google it but no luck.

2nd question: Not really a question but I was gonna get it realigned on saturday, do you guys think the tire pressure could cause this veering? I also am somewhat confused, I wouldnt think swapping the wheels could cause this.

Thank you.

View attachment 891249
On the quick I would hunt around for a decent alignment place that does a check for free just to see where you are at alignment wise. you are correct changing rims shouldnt effect the alignment but maybe it was off slightly and now these tires are showing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts