Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new wheels and stripes installed

Wheels are Torq Thrust M Chrome from carid.com
Tires are Continental ExtremeContact DW, and they totally grip better than the ones that came stock

front 8.5"x20" 245/40
Rear 10"x20" 275/40

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hood stripe (and Bee extensions you can see above) from RiderGraphix.

Had a friend who was a professional installer do most of the heavy lifting on the vinyl. For some reason, the hood portion is cut flat, not rounded, so there was just a tiny bit of space at the front of the hood. We figured, we'd grab a hairdryer and heat it to stretch, only need a centimeter or so. It slipped from his hand, and the piece stuck two sticky parts together! Dude was a miracle worker, after about five, maybe ten minutes, he had the whole thing smoothed out, and it looks like it never happened!

Attachments

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The family that mods together, stays together. Little girl goes to most shows with me (from before the Chally, we had a Charger), and she keeps a few of the trophies, too.

Attachments

Reactions: Max57

·
Registered
208 Posts
That looks very good. Same exact wheels I will get for my SP one day. Well someday after I get the car....

Like the stripe too. I had not seen a Bee on the hood before...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks very good. Same exact wheels I will get for my SP one day. Well someday after I get the car....

Like the stripe too. I had not seen a Bee on the hood before...
I want to have both R/T and the Bee visible at the same time, so from the front, you can see R/T on the grill and the Bee on the hood. Open the hood, and I'm getting the bee in the cupholders and R/T painted on a firewall cover (if I can find someone to do it, which I'm sure I can).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice. Your car can pull off the chrome or black grille and gas cap cover. Did you ever think of trying the chrome gas cap cover? Just asking, it's beautiful the way it sits right now.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice. Your car can pull off the chrome or black grille and gas cap cover. Did you ever think of trying the chrome gas cap cover? Just asking, it's beautiful the way it sits right now.
I actually had a friend in our local club offer to trade his chrome for my black cap. I might take him up on that, but sticking with the stock black for now.

I'm thinking maybe of getting the black grille surrounds chrome and then would do the gas cap, but I want to see how I like this whole set up for a while in the summer when I can actually enjoy the exterior some first.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Got my new wheels and stripes installed

Wheels are Torq Thrust M Chrome from carid.com
Tires are Continental ExtremeContact DW, and they totally grip better than the ones that came stock

front 8.5"x20" 245/40
Rear 10"x20" 275/40
Did you have a good experience with carid.com? I looked on their website and they have the wheels I want (Torque Thrust II).

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you have a good experience with carid.com? I looked on their website and they have the wheels I want (Torque Thrust II).
I had an AWESOME experience. The heels I specifically wanted for the rear would not allow me to add the tires I wanted for no good reason. 10" wheels and 275/40 tires should fit. So, I emailed their support, and they just added them to my cart. Then, I was playing around and removed them, emailed the support guy back, and he re-added them, no problem. Amazing customer service.

Shipping took several weeks, but they arrived assembled and inflated and ready to install. They came with copious saran wrap as shipping material, not in boxes, and each had it's own shipping label. For some reason, one of them had a shipping status of "Exception" on the delivery day, no fault of CarID, but something weird with UPS. It still got delivered, but I was not home at that moment, it was my son's birthday and we went to dinner, so I didn't get to ask the UPS guy what that was all about.

It DID require signature, but that was NBD. If you sign up on ups.com for shipping alerts, you can even sign online before it arrives.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks wicked, Nice to see a Mopar family gathering.
Congratulations.

Challenger =good
Chally =Bad.

Lifes too short, enjoy the ride.
What's wrong with Chally? Some forum etiquette or something?

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
896 Posts
How much after tax shipping for the tires and wheels? I was going to get these wheels also but bought the older srt8 wheels instead. Might still buy them though. Here is a pic of my car with both wheels. I changed the gas cap to chrome but thats a older pic with the black cap.

Attachments

·
Registered
896 Posts
Oh btw change your gas cap to chrome. It would look way better with those wheels. Just my 2 cents. Your car still lools amazing though. Love the b5 blue.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How much after tax shipping for the tires and wheels? I was going to get these wheels also but bought the older srt8 wheels instead. Might still buy them though. Here is a pic of my car with both wheels. I changed the gas cap to chrome but thats a older pic with the black cap.
Subtotal: $2,322.52
Shipping cost: $188.96
TOTAL: $2,511.48

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh btw change your gas cap to chrome. It would look way better with those wheels. Just my 2 cents. Your car still lools amazing though. Love the b5 blue.
I'm taking a slow, deliberate, less-is-more approach to this car. Especially when it comes to chrome. My Charger was silver, which prevented me from going too crazy with chrome. I'm trying to pace myself for now, but the chrome door is definitely on my radar.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Really nice setup man. Do you feel those wheels are to flashy since they are chrome? Just ordered mine. apx 2600.00

1 - 20 of 25 Posts