Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on my new wheels and tires this weekend. Hotchkis Y-Sport wheels (20x9 F, 20x10 R) with Continental ExtremeContact DW (245/40/20 F, 275/40/20 R). These Continentals are waayyy better than the stock F1s.

1397532227480.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,223 Posts

Looks Good!

Are you sure the fronts are 245/40?

They look like 245/45 in the picture...

Either way wheels look very nice.

Reactions: mindtrip

·
Registered
2012 Challenger RT
386 Posts
Looks good, now it needs some springs

·
Registered
2012 Challenger RT
386 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
looks perfect to me, sits a hair lower than my stock STP does.. you say those Conti DWS are better than the F1's,
can you expand on that a little. I'm going to change my F1's out pretty soon and was going with the Motivos because lots of folks say they are a little smoother (less sharp jolts) and they handle pretty good with waay less road noise. with comfort, handling, traction, and road noise in mind.... how would you rate the Conti's in comparison the the F1's?

thanks, again it looks great. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2012 Challenger RT
386 Posts
Its low enough for me. Has STP and Mopar Stage 1 springs already. Although id love a nice set of coil overs.

Very cool, didn't know you had the Mopar Stage 1 already, some times it's hard to gauge from pictures. Yeah I'd love a set too, if you find some free ones let me know lol.

·
Registered
2012 Challenger RT
386 Posts
looks perfect to me, sits a hair lower than my stock STP does.. you say those Conti DWS are better than the F1's,
can you expand on that a little. I'm going to change my F1's out pretty soon and was going with the Motivos because lots of folks say they are a little smoother (less sharp jolts) and they handle pretty good with waay less road noise. with comfort, handling, traction, and road noise in mind.... how would you rate the Conti's in comparison the the F1's?

99% of tires out there are better than the F1's. Those tires are pure garbage! I just replaced mine with Toyo Proxes 4 Plus, which I was told was close to the same tire as the Motivos since Toyo makes the Nittos also. Much much much better tire than the F1's in every category across the board. I was originally going to go with the Motivos but since they are only licensed to certain places and I was ordering rims and tires, I went with the Proxes and couldn't be happier. Well I could with some Michelin Super Sports but can't see paying that much per tire right now.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Thanks. I went with the Conti DW, not the dws (DW is a summer tire, DWS is an all season). Very smooth quiet ride. They look great. They seem to handle quite well too. They're supposed to be outstanding in the rain if that's a consideration for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts