Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,
I finally got my 2012 SRT8 delivered from a dealer in NJ. I live in upstate NY so the car won't go on the road until late April or early March. Can't wait to start driving it.

Just installed a new set of Status wheels. I am old school and like chrome wheels on black cars. These have black inserts which I think looks good. Magnaflow exhaust, black fuel cap, CAI, catch can, sequential tail lights etc. are next mods.

Sorry the pics aren't great. The wheels look better in person. What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
Not a huge fan of chrome. Too gaudy for me. But they look good on your car!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi,
I finally got my 2012 SRT8 delivered from a dealer in NJ. I live in upstate NY so the car won't go on the road until late April or early March. Can't wait to start driving it.

Just installed a new set of Status wheels. I am old school and like chrome wheels on black cars. These have black inserts which I think looks good. Magnaflow exhaust, black fuel cap, CAI, catch can, sequential tail lights etc. are next mods.

Sorry the pics aren't great. The wheels look better in person. What do you think?

I'm with you. These cars need chrome or polished wheels or they just don't look right to my eyes. I have too many memories of first gen challengers running around on cragars, keystones, etc.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I too am old school and like chrome wheels, especially with black cars. I don't like the 'blacked-out' look but to each his own.
Here is my R/T:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
535 Posts
I don't like them, but its not my car

·
Registered
442 Posts
aftermarket chrome wheels

the wheels look good on your car.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I Love Chrome!

I'm older than most, and I do like Chrome Wheels not much of a "black wheel" kind of guy unless the car is Black!
I do like black w/ chrome but, Chrome is good!

Another for the "old" guys!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks All!

Thanks for all the comments. I know wheels are subjective and there are hundreds of choices. I am definitely old school. I like chrome rims on black cars. Grew up with Cragar SS's and Keystones.

LOL'd when I read raceheart77's post. Now I can't get the starfish image out of my head!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wheel Vendor

If you are looking for wheels/tires try Mr. Wheel Deal (Fuel, BMF, XD Wheels, & more - Save Big! - MrWheelDeal.com). I have bought lots of wheels and tires in the past from various vendors. Wheel Deal's prices are incredible. I do not work for them nor was I compensated for this plug. Just wanted to share info if you're looking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts