Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I surrendered to temptation and traded my pristine Sublime '15 Scat Pack for a Hellraisin '20 Scat Pack Wide Body. I haven't seen many Scat Pack Wide Bodies on my web searches with leather, without sunroof, and a manual. Factor in the colors I would want and they're hard to find. Then I spotted this one. I wouldn't have wasted money on a suede headliner or the overpriced rear spoiler if I was factory ordering it. But, it was the model, color, power train, seats, and no sunroof I've been searching out. They started out at my car plus $23K. I said it was obvious we were just too far apart and we'd take our car key back and head home. Then he said he'd go get our key and instead returned with a new offer of our car plus $20K. I said still too much, just get me my key. Instead, he came back with the sales manager. He wanted to know what he could do. I told him it was obvious from the numbers that we weren't going to have a deal; we were too far apart. He asked what number I had in my mind. I said I was thinking no more than my car and $17.6K out the door. He left to "get our key" and came back with an offer sheet of our car plus $17.5K out the door. Went outside, walked around my car and the new car for about 5 minutes, then shook his hand. So, I've again purchased something I in no way needed, but I love it. My fourth Challenger. Started with a 2010 SRT8, then the '15 Scat Pack, added a '15 SXT Plus (since traded for an '18 SXT Plus Leather Charger), and now the '20 Wide Body.

Anyone looking for a perfect used Scat Pack, it'll be at Century in Mt. Airy, MD. Car has 5830 miles and has had 11 oil changes. Their reconditioning cost estimate was $0. Even the guy whose job it is to find fault with something couldn't find anything to pick on.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,941 Posts
Great story ;)

A Guy

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Premium Member
10,201 Posts
So break down the prices, your trade and the new sales price. What was sticker price?
Enjoy the new car, that color In the sun is amazing.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Scat Pack, 2019 Challenger SXT AWD
217 Posts
Love the hellraisin.

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So break down the prices, your trade and the new sales price. What was sticker price?
Enjoy the new car, that color In the sun is amazing.
I honestly didn't pay attention to what final price they put on the new car or what final value they put on the trade. All that was, to a degree, meaningless. I just needed to know how much cash I was going to have to add to my trade. I told them I didn't care if they discounted the new one or raised the trade in value. My initial thought, given the advertised price, was my car plus $15K plus taxes, tags, processing. After I sat down was when I realized that their advertised prices did not include freight. So that automatically added about $1500 to the price. They hid behind the rebate pretending they were advertising a deal. After I broke their pricing down for them and pointed out that they were only taking $500 off of a $55K car, they got serious about negotiating.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
515 Posts
Glad for you, you have a beautiful Challenger. I originally had mixed feelings about the Hellraisin color, but everytime I see it I like it more.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All I got out of that was 11 oil changes in less than 6000 miles. Lol.
Oil change interval is every 6 months regardless of mileage. Excessive I know, but I had to follow the factory intervals to protect my lifetime powertrain warranty. If I'd realized I'd trade it in 6 years, I would have paid for a lot fewer oil changes.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts