Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I haven't seen many Scat Pack Wide Bodies on my web searches with leather, without sunroof, and a manual.
This was the main criteria I had as well when looking. Frustrating trying to find a non sunroof car with options but with a stick. I gave up and ordered one, but looks like you found a rare one. Congrats on the beautiful car.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yesterday, I surrendered to temptation and traded my pristine Sublime '15 Scat Pack for a Hellraisin '20 Scat Pack Wide Body. I haven't seen many Scat Pack Wide Bodies on my web searches with leather, without sunroof, and a manual. Factor in the colors I would want and they're hard to find. Then I spotted this one. I wouldn't have wasted money on a suede headliner or the overpriced rear spoiler if I was factory ordering it. But, it was the model, color, power train, seats, and no sunroof I've been searching out. They started out at my car plus $23K. I said it was obvious we were just too far apart and we'd take our car key back and head home. Then he said he'd go get our key and instead returned with a new offer of our car plus $20K. I said still too much, just get me my key. Instead, he came back with the sales manager. He wanted to know what he could do. I told him it was obvious from the numbers that we weren't going to have a deal; we were too far apart. He asked what number I had in my mind. I said I was thinking no more than my car and $17.6K out the door. He left to "get our key" and came back with an offer sheet of our car plus $17.5K out the door. Went outside, walked around my car and the new car for about 5 minutes, then shook his hand. So, I've again purchased something I in no way needed, but I love it. My fourth Challenger. Started with a 2010 SRT8, then the '15 Scat Pack, added a '15 SXT Plus (since traded for an '18 SXT Plus Leather Charger), and now the '20 Wide Body.

Anyone looking for a perfect used Scat Pack, it'll be at Century in Mt. Airy, MD. Car has 5830 miles and has had 11 oil changes. Their reconditioning cost estimate was $0. Even the guy whose job it is to find fault with something couldn't find anything to pick on.
View attachment 1013896 View attachment 1013897
Congrats! I really like that new color!

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have never seen a factory option for locking lug nuts, they always seem to be a dealer installed option. Pretty cool.

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
I have never seen a factory option for locking lug nuts, they always seem to be a dealer installed option. Pretty cool.
The factory option for locking lug nuts was added mid-year 2020.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I looked at a Pacifica that had locking lug nuts on the window sticker and the dealer still listed them on a second dealer-applied sticker as a dealer-installed option for an extra $75.

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
I looked at a Pacifica that had locking lug nuts on the window sticker and the dealer still listed them on a second dealer-applied sticker as a dealer-installed option for an extra $75.
Old habits die hard I guess!

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Traded my '15 on Saturday and it was already up on the dealership website used car listings Monday morning. It's literally like a new car. They're asking $34838 for my trade in.

·
Registered
16,068 Posts
Yeah I saw a nice Sublime R/T the other day and forgot how good they looked going down the road.

·
Registered
2019 RT Scat Pack 6MT Sublime Green
168 Posts
Yesterday, I surrendered to temptation and traded my pristine Sublime '15 Scat Pack for a Hellraisin '20 Scat Pack Wide Body. I haven't seen many Scat Pack Wide Bodies on my web searches with leather, without sunroof, and a manual. Factor in the colors I would want and they're hard to find. Then I spotted this one. I wouldn't have wasted money on a suede headliner or the overpriced rear spoiler if I was factory ordering it. But, it was the model, color, power train, seats, and no sunroof I've been searching out. They started out at my car plus $23K. I said it was obvious we were just too far apart and we'd take our car key back and head home. Then he said he'd go get our key and instead returned with a new offer of our car plus $20K. I said still too much, just get me my key. Instead, he came back with the sales manager. He wanted to know what he could do. I told him it was obvious from the numbers that we weren't going to have a deal; we were too far apart. He asked what number I had in my mind. I said I was thinking no more than my car and $17.6K out the door. He left to "get our key" and came back with an offer sheet of our car plus $17.5K out the door. Went outside, walked around my car and the new car for about 5 minutes, then shook his hand. So, I've again purchased something I in no way needed, but I love it. My fourth Challenger. Started with a 2010 SRT8, then the '15 Scat Pack, added a '15 SXT Plus (since traded for an '18 SXT Plus Leather Charger), and now the '20 Wide Body.

Anyone looking for a perfect used Scat Pack, it'll be at Century in Mt. Airy, MD. Car has 5830 miles and has had 11 oil changes. Their reconditioning cost estimate was $0. Even the guy whose job it is to find fault with something couldn't find anything to pick on.
View attachment 1013896 View attachment 1013897
Just out of curiosity, how many miles did you put on your 2015 before the trade?

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
4,524 Posts
Very nice, you got 5 years newer, 10K more equipment (sort of), brand new vs your previous (very low) miles, new tires vs your used ones. for $17K Sounds like a win.
Also I was in a situation like that once, in 2015? trading in a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire on a 2005 Mercedes SLK350. I drove 200+ miles, and they started juking me around and were off.
I said I drove almost 4 hours to look a this, I don't have time. You are off thousands of dollars. I have these other 2 to look at today (showed them the printouts) thank you for your time.
They came back with another $500 or something, I said "thanks, $500 is always nice, but honestly $3,500 more or I leave now, I really don't have the time, and I live hours away, I won't be back. It really is now or never." I got it for a great price I was expecting all along. I was polite and pleasant and honest the whole time, but stunned that they would start off like $5000 off on a deal that was 2 cars both under $20,000, and reasonably close in value. I guess people get say $1,500 off of the initial deal offer and they are happy, but I knew exactly what both cars were worth. Both had low miles, the Crossfire only had 14K.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,974 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy it safely. If you get a chance, can you take a picture of that headliner. I’m trying to imagine what that looks like. Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,000 Posts
I've grown to like the WB Challenger, but like the WB Charger fitment better. I test drove the latter a week ago and couldn't believe how much better it felt over my '16 SRT Challenger. I'd like to think it was the wider tires and new versus 4+ year old car, but part of me thinks the Charger's weight distribution is better.
Congrats on your new car. That Hellraisin looks great in the sun!

21 - 40 of 105 Posts